Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Re: How good is David Sklansky?

David Sklansky and two friends, an engineer and a physicist, go to the horse track. Each thinks they have the perfect system to beat the ponies. David Sklansky says "Let's prove who has the best system. Each of us can only take $1000 into the track, and at the end of the day whoever has the most money is the winner."

The engineer goes into the stables and weighs each horse and each rider, does a BMI, analyzes bone structure, etc., and develops a "power rating" for each horse/jockey combo. He ranks the horses by power rating and bets of the one in each race with the best rating.

The physicist gathers old track histories and does an analysis of each horse based upon its competition, the track composition and conditions, its breeding, etc. He calculates, based on past performance, which is the most likely to win today, and bets on that horse in each race.

Those both lose their entire $1000. Commiserating about their losses, trying to make each other feel better, they run into David Sklansky. David Sklanky is lighting a cigar with a $100 bill. There are c-notes pouring from his pockets. He clearly had an amazing day at the track. "How did you do it?" blurt the engineer and the physicist simultaneously.

"Well," says David Sklansky taking a puff from his cigar, "first I assumed all the horses were identical... and spherical..."
Old 11-17-2006, 03:20 AM

I don't get the reference but I'm laughing anyway.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the reference but I'm laughing anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original joke was about a mathematician, an engineer and a physicist.