Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Anyone know a good dentist in Vegas?

Fiddle. First problem is I'm closer to Green Valley than Summerlin and mapquest says it's 22 miles to Dr. Barton. Second problem is I have BCBS and darned if Barton and Ford aren't missing from the BCBS list of providers.

All part of the difficulties of picking a doc... can't just be a good doc, it has to be one that takes my insurance and preferably isn't as far away from me as he can get and still be in Vegas.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:10 PM

Growlers,

Thank you!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fiddle. First problem is I'm closer to Green Valley than Summerlin and mapquest says it's 22 miles to Dr. Barton. Second problem is I have BCBS and darned if Barton and Ford aren't missing from the BCBS list of providers.

All part of the difficulties of picking a doc... can't just be a good doc, it has to be one that takes my insurance and preferably isn't as far away from me as he can get and still be in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Barton and Ford's group stopped taking BCBS when they lowered their payments about 5 months ago.

I am on staff at Desert Springs but hardly ever go there so I don't know the docs around there in Green Valley.
One good option for BCBS is to go to Fremont Medical. I think they still take BCBS and based on what they send to the ER they seem really good. They have urgent cares owned by them for after hours care. Thomas Roben is a really good doc they have, I heard a rumor he is leaving though so check, but their other people seem good as well but I can't personally vouch for all of them. If you need admitted for something, they have a group of hospitalists that do the in-hospital stuff, and they are all quite good.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:22 PM

I go to Dr. Colisimo on Green Valley at Sunset for getting my veneer replaced.

I am in otherwise good oral health and he is quick and cheap. My mother is also a dentist and did the replacing before I moved. It is chronic so I don't worry excessively about why he isn't able to affix it permanently.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:05 PM

Growlers, and apology to all in advance for totally hijacking here, but I want to hear some good ER stories. Preferrably high on the ridiculous vegas tourist quotient and lower on the grinding poverty/violence quotient of the troubled neighborhoods.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Growlers, and apology to all in advance for totally hijacking here, but I want to hear some good ER stories. Preferrably high on the ridiculous vegas tourist quotient and lower on the grinding poverty/violence quotient of the troubled neighborhoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

My job is about 20% helping excellent human beings and about 80% ridiculousness so I wouldn't even know where to start.
Come to think of it, that is pretty much the same breakdown as your average poker table, so maybe you guys can relate.