Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Re: AQo cold call in SB

[ QUOTE ]
Here villain's play is consistent with Tx or a flopped monster

===

or with air, which he had, since he folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

He always CAN have a bluff, it's just that in this hand we have no reason to think he does. Here are a couple examples of where I think this play would be ok:

5/10 on full tilt. You raise A9o in the CO and get called by the BB. He donks a 553 flop. You call and raise any turn except an A. This is because in that game the flop donk from an unknown is never trips and usually didn't hit the board at all (but will still peel if you raise).

Then there was a hand I played at the 2/4 or 3/6 stars, don't remember which. I raise 2 limpers in the CO with AK, I have reads on everyone in the hand except BB which is where all the conclusions I'll put in parentheses come from. Both blinds and the limpers call. Flop T83 rainbow. First limper bets, second limper calls (has a hand worse than top pair), I call, SB calls (he has overcards, a weak pair or maybe 76s), BB folded. Turn T. First limper checks (he has a weak hand), second limper bets (since she wouldn't call the flop with top pair, this is NOT trips), I raise, SB folds, the first limper calls and the second limper folds. River checks through and first limper shows J9.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:08 AM

Default Re: AQo cold call in SB

I think a re-raise is a good idea preflop. It would be great to make it 2 to go with a hand like AQo which would play great heads up even OOP. Button may very well be raising with a weaker hand. The extra bet put in to make it 2 cold to go will raise your chance of winning the hand by forcing MP3 out.