Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Brainless crimes of youth

Grew up in a real small town surrounded by hills and farmland. Outside of town there was a small parking lot that led to a bunch of trails in the hills. We drove about four cars there, including mine, with about 15 people, walked up the trails a ways, and everyone save for me and another guy drank a lot of beer and smoked a lot of pot. As we're walking back, we notice flashing lights. Everyone freaks out, so me and the other sober guy (who also drove) walked down while everyone else stayed behind to see what would happen. We get down there and the cop asks us what we were doing and we just said "taking a walk" (looking back on it, he probably thought we were gay). He told us the park was closed after 11 or something like that, and to head on out. As I pulled out, he followed me out and turned his lights on. As he approached my car, he gave it the twice over with his flashlight, I'm sure certain I had a cooler or something. Turns out my tags were expired, and he let me go with a warning. Funny thing is, while this is going on, I see the other three cars zip on out of the parking lot, every single one of which had a cooler of beer. Lucky us, unlucky cop.

Why the hell we decided that was a good place to go, I'll never know.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:00 PM

isn't that almost verbatim copy of the story about the sober guy fiddling around with his keys, stumbling, finally getting in his car, he gets pulled over by the cop. meanwhile, the drunks from the bar all drive away with the cop wasting his time with the sober guy.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:04 PM

Sophmore year of high school, about 9PM at night just outside the school grounds. There's construction on the street out school is on, and there are lots of those orange barrels set up.

About 6-7 of us grab 4-5 barrels, carry them about 30 yards to a nearby "major" road (as in the only main road in our small town) and block it off.

We park up in the school parking lot, turn the car off, and giggle like little kids as numerous cars stop on either side of the road, confused. Many cars turn around or take side streets as if they are some kind of detour.

20 minutes or so go by, we drive away. A cop, the first one to show up, with lights flashing already pulls us over (there were about 8 of us crammed in the jeep and it must have been incredibly suspicious.)

No real trouble though [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
9PM at night

[/ QUOTE ]

I giggled
Old 11-08-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
roommate in college said he used to go to walmart, and throw norelco razors over the fence in the gardening section. he would then drive around and pick them up.

next day return them all, do the store credit thing, and get some [censored] like stereo equipment or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! I can picture some character lingering in the gardening section, looking around a couple times, then frantically hucking packages of razors over the fence in and eagerly scooping them up on the other side.

PS - store credit is sweet
Old 11-08-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Outside of town there was a small parking lot that led to a bunch of trails in the hills.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is amusing because there are a couple similar spots to this where I live, and recently I've seen cop cars swarm on these spots over multiple fri/sat nights. Perhaps they've caught on. I'm surprised I didn't roll into one of these get-togethers back in high school.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About 6-7 of us grab 4-5 barrels, carry them about 30 yards to a nearby "major" road (as in the only main road in our small town) and block it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We park up in the school parking lot, turn the car off, and giggle like little kids as numerous cars stop on either side of the road, confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

This must have been hilarious watching the mayhem and confusion unfold. There were eight of you piled into one jeep when the cops rolled up? Hahaha sweet.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't that almost verbatim copy of the story about the sober guy fiddling around with his keys, stumbling, finally getting in his car, he gets pulled over by the cop. meanwhile, the drunks from the bar all drive away with the cop wasting his time with the sober guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that story involve the hills of rural Idaho? Because if it does, someone stole my damn story!
Old 11-08-2006, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Outside of town there was a small parking lot that led to a bunch of trails in the hills.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is amusing because there are a couple similar spots to this where I live, and recently I've seen cop cars swarm on these spots over multiple fri/sat nights. Perhaps they've caught on. I'm surprised I didn't roll into one of these get-togethers back in high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the stupidity of this, though, is it was relatively close to town, and directly off a "major" road. There TONS of parties 10 miles or so from town that were busted on a few occasions, but were usually too far out in the woods for a sheriff to come by.

Another common police tactic regarding turn offs was to wait a while, and if no one showed up, calling the registered owner of the vehicle (usually the parent) and reporting their vehicle abandoned and possibly stolen. I had this happen to friends on more than one occasion.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:36 PM

My Dad was really into war games when I was younger and the entire family would be forced to go to a convention every year. These guys are like the nerds that are made fun of by other nerds.

Anyway, I was like 5 or 6 at one of these conventions and I had made a couple "friends" who were my age who I would see every year. The conventions were really boring, and young boys when faced with boredom will come up with horrible plans. One of my "friends" came up with a brilliant scam to get free quarters for use in the arcade machine in the hotel game room.

The scam went like this - he would go up to the front desk, tell them he put a quarter in the arcade machine and that it ate the quarter.

The desk worker had you fill out a piece of paper and then they gave you a replacement quarter.

First I watched him do it, and then a couple hours later I got the courage to try the scam myself.

Sweet! It worked! I waited a few hours and tried the scam again. Another quarter!

The following day I tried the scam again, I had already managed to scam 3 quarters from the hotel, they never asked any questions so what could possibly go wrong? That answer was provided to me by my mother.

There I was, a young lad, peering over the hotel desk counter, in the middle of filling out a piece of paper saying which game had eaten my quarter when 'lo and behold, my mother decides to enter the hotel lobby.

She of course being the nosy mother that she is, asked the desk worker what was going on and I remember busting into tears as I was forced to tell the truth.

My parents made me pay back the $.75 (which would come out of my future allowance)

I don't remember all the details of my punishment, but I do remember the trip home from the convention really sucking.

I have never shoplifted since.