Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Could I have played this any worse??

This line seems weak-tight to the extreme. This is 3/6, don't think too much. Mostly just bet. You cost yourself a lot of bets here and if you play this hand like this over time it's a huge huge leak.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:10 PM

you could have folded preflop.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could I have played this any worse??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you folded after the turn K came and as you folded stated to the table, "My 3 K's can't be good!"
Old 11-07-2006, 01:24 PM

“Was it right to call the check/3bet by the BB, when I was quite certain he had a set? Even though I was closing the action should I have folded?”

Yes you call that raise! You are getting ridiculous calling odds here, 24:1 to be exact. Your odds of getting one of your 2 outs here is 23:1, so a call here is profitable, because you said you know he has trips.

“Do I value bet the river? I know that I have the BB and UTG beat. UTG would have bet the flush if he was on the flush draw. The only one I was worried about was EP3. Was this a case of only a better hand calling the bet or do I suck it up and bet for value?”

Yes you value bet this hand on the river! If know you’ve got everyone beat, but not too sure about what EP3 has. Look at his play, he was just a calling station and never once came alive in the hand. If he cold called 2 bets on the flop with a flush re-draw, he will be a losing player in the long run. He must have had 2 pair or a straight draw.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
“Was it right to call the check/3bet by the BB, when I was quite certain he had a set? Even though I was closing the action should I have folded?”

Yes you call that raise! You are getting ridiculous calling odds here, 24:1 to be exact. Your odds of getting one of your 2 outs here is 23:1, so a call here is profitable, because you said you know he has trips.

“Do I value bet the river? I know that I have the BB and UTG beat. UTG would have bet the flush if he was on the flush draw. The only one I was worried about was EP3. Was this a case of only a better hand calling the bet or do I suck it up and bet for value?”

Yes you value bet this hand on the river! If know you’ve got everyone beat, but not too sure about what EP3 has. Look at his play, he was just a calling station and never once came alive in the hand. If he cold called 2 bets on the flop with a flush re-draw, he will be a losing player in the long run. He must have had 2 pair or a straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Killercal you're a donkey.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:01 PM

no, this is about as bad as you can play it.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:09 PM

I would like to thank everyone that took the time to confirm that fact that I played this hand like a complete idiot. As you all can tell I have lots of work to do. I appreciate the responses.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:21 PM

all i have to say is... YOU CHECKED THE RIVER?
the only read you had correct in the entire hand is when you suspected someone hit trips on the the flop.

you raised the turn and got called by 4 players, so why didn't you bet the river? i really want to know what you were thinking? you were last to act and you had to guess that at the very least, the trips would have called you. in fact, the guy with trip 3's not leading out was almost as bad as you not betting the river.
we know what you did, but not tell us why you played it that way on the river.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Killercal you're a donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're kidding, you're not funny.

If you're serious, his entire post is spot on.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all i have to say is... YOU CHECKED THE RIVER?
the only read you had correct in the entire hand is when you suspected someone hit trips on the the flop.

you raised the turn and got called by 4 players, so why didn't you bet the river? i really want to know what you were thinking? you were last to act and you had to guess that at the very least, the trips would have called you. in fact, the guy with trip 3's not leading out was almost as bad as you not betting the river.
we know what you did, but not tell us why you played it that way on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I raised the turn I knew that the BB was calling. I was surprised when both UTG and EP called. The only thing I could think of was that one of them must have picked up the flush draw when the Ks came on the turn. When it was checked to me on the river I wasn't sure if they were waiting to check rasie, figuring I would bet, or if they both missed whatever it was they were chasing. And I chickened out and checked.