Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: This year's final four//finals
Terrible 39 49.37%
Worst ever 40 50.63%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2006, 02:54 AM

Default Re: valuebetting?

[ QUOTE ]
I think that is a bad conclusion. It might very well be a very profitable way to play the smallblind against most players. At least until you get to 20/40 where kore people will have folded bb to steal hu down to 30 and under

[/ QUOTE ]

Well certainly you are right that stealing any two versus an unsuspecting player can be quite profitable, but I think there are less players who play too tight in the BB than there have been in the past.

And I guess I was thinking more about how I like it when I find a SB who is willing to try to steal my BB everytime. It is not that hard to play against a random hand with position.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:46 AM

I fold this preflop and then I don't have to worry about it.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he also was stealing almost anything from the sb like a decent player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing a player steal almost anything from the SB indicates to me that the player is not particularly good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i steal everytime vs certain players.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:53 AM

i think its pretty player dependant. i'd value bet some showdown monkeys...guys that I have seen showing down a lot of A and K highs here.

I wouldnt bet with the hope of makeing anyone fold a pair here.

I think most of the time good players have either missed there draw and are folding or have a better hand and are going to call.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this preflop and then I don't have to worry about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i fold 63, but usually call 64 so maybe it's close [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(I would fold 64 to a real tight stealer though)
Old 11-05-2006, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing a player steal almost anything from the SB indicates to me that the player is not particularly good.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i start to do this bc they are too tight, and trying to steal 100% of the time become profitable in theory. Then the guy goes on a tremendous run of cards and it doesnt work in practice.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i start to do this bc they are too tight, and trying to steal 100% of the time become profitable in theory for a few hands. Then the guy manages to adjust enough and it doesnt work in practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are certain opponent who you should steal often against, and even some you should always steal against. However, the hard thing is that when they do start playing hands, you have a hard time figuring out whether their range is still tight or has expanded because they have figured out you are stealing a ton. On the other hand, their typical strategy of getting to showdown with a pair, valuebetting and raising with their strongish hands, and sometimes bluffing draws is actually quite effective against a random hand.

I tend to fold 63o even against an aggressive stealer because it is a very marginal call if is he is stealing with every hand, and it is quite unprofitable if he is actually being rather selective. The only way it becomes profitable is if it can steal a fair number of pots unimproved. So I would tend to play it if I had reason to think that the stealer would fold a pretty wide range of hands that missed the flop, which would typically only be the case if I had a very tight, solid, uncreative, unpredictable image. That does happen some of the time, but my style of play is not designed to create such an image.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. he also was stealing almost anything from the sb like a decent player. So I defend anything. For several reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to reply any further to this thread because I didn't think anyone else was interested in the arguement, but since that doesn't seem to be the case... Even if your opponent is stealing nearly every time, I don't think that means you want to defend 100% of the time. Especially with hands containing a 2, 3, or to a lesser extent 4, you can spike your pair and A) it won't be good much of the time, and B) it is far more difficult to value bet with these pairs.

Just my opinion... Also, noting your location, I don't think this would stop you from defending [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]