Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 6v11
Drew A. Blank 20 51.28%
Kitty Chow 19 48.72%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2006, 05:01 AM

Default Re: pocket pair reisolation preflop preguntas.

I voted 77.

[ QUOTE ]
Followup: I think villain is c/r the flop with Ax.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. You can't make this assumption. Reads are necessary to decide how villain would play this flop if he had Ax. Also, your table image is very important here if villain is a thinking player.

Example: If you're aggressive, he'll donk here with Ax to get you to raise your hand, then call down/3-bet from there.

As for my play here, I'd need to know more about his pfr. If it's good-sized I'm letting him lead and calling down.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:09 AM

followup: given the read i'd expect him to cap his pairs ahead of our 99... so i'm almost completely ruling them out. the board is 2tone so i will put him on something like AKs-QJs with a flush draw and raise the flop. plan if we get 3bet needs a better read but in general just call down unless board gets scary and then still call sometimes but with a better read.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:56 AM

I raise. He may fold over cards (to my pair) or a pair higher than mine (I voted 77) like 88 or 99 or maybe TT thinking my PF 3-bet often represents a big PP or an A holding. If I get 3 towned, I can call and fold turn UI unless I improve to a strong draw (like a str8 draw which doesn't kill me if a 7 falls). He'll likely call my flop raise and check to me on the turn. If I improve, I bet/c the turn. If another broadway card falls I can b/f the turn and check behind on the river if called and checked to. Or maybe I go super weak and check behind on the turn with the intention of calling on the river with no more broadways hitting the board. Really depends on this guy and what I think he thinks about my play.