Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 02:37 AM

Default Re: some early Week 9 thoughts

I'm a Packers fan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], so I don't really feel right weighing in on the game without bias. But I do think they can beat Buffalo, no I won't bet on it. Just going to enjoy watching the game.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Saints -1 vs Buccaneers
How are the Saints only favored by 1? Yea, they lost this week, but Baltimore is a decent team while TB sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm inclined to agree with you sir. But haven't decided how many units I'm putting on it.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 AM

Id be pretty careful with that line. The bucs will be up for this game in a serious way. They lost by three points in NO and its a crucial NFC South clash. Jon Gruden is going to let this season go without a fight and i wouldnt be suprised to see him try and get after the saints from the get go early, in the same way baltimore did last week. Id always just lean towards the small home underdog in this kind of situation.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:45 PM

Buffalo vs. Green bay:
buffalo has yielded 21 sacks and given 21, green bay has yielded only 9 sacks this season and given 22. I also want to point out that 5 of those sacks for green bay came in their first two games (chicago, new orleans), they only have 4 sacks in their last 5 games, and favre has three games in a row without throwing a pick. He has 5 picks on the year but only two in his last five games. There's an obvious correlation between quarterback pressures and sacks; so what makes him due to throw turnovers? THe max protection adjustment that Mccarthy has instilled seems to be working to give him time to throw the ball and keep defenders off him. Green bay is 2-1 on the road this year (yes against bad teams, but Buffalo isn't that great either.) I don't see why this line is off at all at -3.5, Lossman looks like a better candidate to throw picks than favre does.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:51 PM

The Saints line is that low because of Bush's injury, I still took them at -1, they still have Brees and Duece which is way better than anything Tampa has. Tampa's rookie QB is also garbage, did you see him last week against the Giants, horrible.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:53 PM

LOL
Old 11-01-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bills pick looks amazing to me, for the reasons you give sadly so not much to add.

If you made a line for this two weeks ago, you'd have been delighted to have found the Bills -6.5

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Buf and SDG small.