Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 04:25 AM

Default Re: PSA: Couple Great Beers

RDH, Sam Adams does the Holdiay Mix Sampler as well. It's all good. That should come out more towards Christmas time though.

brb, more beer.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:51 AM

Sierra nevada has a brown ale that I think they have just begun bottling and distributing. The IPA is quite tasty as well. Im not sure how far the distribution on these two go. I found some in san diego, bev mos have provided me with the most sucesss. Also if they ever get around to bottling their crystal wheat (can only be had in kegs in chico ca) be prepared to fall in love with the best light beer ever.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sierra nevada has a brown ale that I think they have just begun bottling and distributing. The IPA is quite tasty as well. Im not sure how far the distribution on these two go. I found some in san diego, bev mos have provided me with the most sucesss. Also if they ever get around to bottling their crystal wheat (can only be had in kegs in chico ca) be prepared to fall in love with the best light beer ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live approximately 75 miles South of Chico. I think we carry a Sierra Nevada wheat beer at my Bevmo. I'll look into it.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RDH, Sam Adams does the Holdiay Mix Sampler as well. It's all good. That should come out more towards Christmas time though.

brb, more beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone here try the cranberry lambic from the SA holiday pack? God I hate that beer. Love just about all other Sams though.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

brb, more beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone here try the cranberry lambic from the SA holiday pack? God I hate that beer. Love just about all other Sams though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the only one I haven't tasted. I really like the Sam Adams Wheat beer...different version of Blue Moon (I guess you could call it that). I think Sam Adams' wheat beer is better.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:12 AM

Sam Adam's Black Lager is quite good. The Cherry Wheat tasted a bit too much like childrens cough syrup for me. I highly enjoy St Pauli Girl, Bass Ale, and Stella Artois. I'm planning on hitting the liquor store after work today for some Sam Adam's Winter Lager(?).

I need to find a good liquor store in MD that carries a wide variety of microbrews. The stores I have been to thus far don't care much beyond bud, coors, natty, and the like except for St Pauli Girl, Becks(sucks), Sam Adams(some only have boston lager [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ), and Guiness.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:14 AM

Don't care for SA Cherry Wheat either. In fact, I think it is their worst beer. But, I don't care much for fruit beers. If I am going to drink one, a good lambic (not the SA version) is usually what I get.

You will NEVER go wrong with Celebration Ale. Just an incredible beer.

For those of you in the DC/VA/MD area, keep an eye out for Dominion's winter beer. They often have a barley wine style out around New Year's, which will knock your socks off. Sometimes they also have a strong porter or stout too. If you can't find these, the regular ale and lager is a good standby. Then, in the spring, they usually put out a maibock or strong pilsner type.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:02 AM

here
Old 11-01-2006, 10:21 AM

tl;dr [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

From a quality perspective, Anderson Valley is probably the best beer company in the Western United States. Boont Amber is my favorite beer period. Poleeko Gold is very good as well. Their set-up is awesome. The Anderson Valley is gorgeous and serene. They use all natural ingredients. Price is only problem - I emailed their VP of Sales once trying to get a deal on volume. He wouldn't go for it even when I told him I'd be obligated to purchase from rival Mendocino Brewing company.

note: Sam Adam Winter Sumthingorother rules, but the Cranberry lambic might just be the only beer I would pass over to drink piss.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cranberry lambic might just be the only beer I would pass over to drink piss.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, I'm a sometimes brewer, and the only beer I ever had to pour out (all 50 of them) was the Cranberry Ale I made. that was a sad day.