Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Random Coincidence Thread

Last week I was in the drive-thru at Burger King. After I ordered my Whopper Jr. Value Meal the chick asked me if I wanted it King Sized. I DID WANT IT KING SIZED! How could she know? Unpossible. I still get chills just thinking about it.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:18 PM

I was sitting listening to the radio, and a led zepplin song came on...at the exact same moment they sang a lyric, I looked at my friend's away message which happened to be the exact same lyric (which Id never seen him use before)
Old 10-30-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last week I was in the drive-thru at Burger King. After I ordered my Whopper Jr. Value Meal the chick asked me if I wanted it King Sized. I DID WANT IT KING SIZED! How could she know? Unpossible. I still get chills just thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

winner!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:37 PM

Two years ago, I was at the Ritz Carlton in Pentagon City (DC) for a work function. There were a ton of people in the lobby bar, and I overheard this guy talking with a woman. They mentioned Vermont, my home state, and while I was waiting for the bartender, I asked them what part of the state they were from. They in turn asked me, and it turns out that the guy delievered FedExes to our house (I grew up in a very small town, on a dirt road with like five other houses). I suppose that's more of a "small world" thing, but it was weird.

This one didn't happen to me, but a good friend's sister. She had taken a trip to Spain with her Spanish class in high school, and the next year, her freshman year in college, she was giving a presentation about it in her Spanish class. All of the sudden, this girl sitting in class shrieks "YOU'RE THE GIRL WHO HOOKED UP WITH MY BOYFRIEND!" Apparently, this chick's boyfriend had been on the trip and cheated on her with my friend's sister.

-McGee

EDIT: I screwed up the story. The trip she took in high school wasn't with her Spanish class, because the guy wasn't from her high school. It was some other random trip with kids from all over the country.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that makes my #2 so weird for me is not the fact that it happened, but the fact that I had talked about her for the first time in a couple of years the day before.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just happened to me yesterday. A few days ago, for some reason I thought of an old friend of mine that I knew from elementary school all the way through college. I haven't seen him in about 10 years, and wondered what he's up to now. I remembered he was engaged to a girl from my high school who also went to our college.

Yesterday we're at Costco Home, and I run into them. Married, live about 15 min from us, and have a kid now. Really weird.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 PM

This happened nearly 2 years ago now:

I have a couple of friends that I don't see all that often. One is a former coworker who is originally from the East Coast (CT born, went to college in Philly) that is now living out in LA (Friend A). The other friend is someone I have known for awhile that now goes to medical school in New York but was visiting out here for a few weeks (Friend B). Friend A had a XMas party in LA and I brought along Friend B. I introduced them at the party. They got along well and we partied all night long.

Fast forward to one week later. I get a call from Friend A on a Friday night. I can barely hear him and it's obvious he's at some noisy bar. He says something like, "Hey, I just got into New York today to visit my friends and family for the holidays and you'll never guess who I ran into." He then hands the phone over to Friend B who just happened to be at the same bar in New York on the first day of Friend A's one week vacation. I've never been to New York, but aren't there a 100 or so bars? Crazy that they'd meet in LA one day and one week later run into eachother in NY.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:34 PM

ELAINE: Would you please just get on with the stupid Bob Saccamano story?!

KRAMER: Well, I'm on the phone with Bob, and I realize right then and there that I need to return this pair of pants. So, I'm off to the store.

ELAINE: What happened to Bob Saccamano?

KRAMER: Well, nothing. His part of the story is done. (Elaine covers her face with her hands - showing her difficulty coping with Kramer) So I'm waiting for the subway, It's not coming, so I decided to hoof it through the tunnel.

ELAINE: Alright, well, now that's something..

KRAMER: Well, I don't know if I lost track of time - or what, but the next think I knew..

ELAINE: (Adding) A train is bearing down on you?!

KRAMER: No, I slipped - and fell in the mud. Ruining the very pants I was about to return.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am seriously not kidding around here. One more POS snarky post like that from you and I will get on a plane to Cleveland and beat the crap out of you. I don't mean like just a beating. I mean like beat to a pulp followed by American History X style curbing. Please pretend like I'm screwing around here and try me. One more time, man, ONE MORE F'ING TIME.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, Business or Coach?
Old 10-30-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evan was born in Evanston. Apparently he should have a brother named Ston. Unreal lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was born in Evansville.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm guessing you don't have a brother named Sville.

Beat [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2006, 02:46 PM

It's spring semester 1980 at UW in Madison. I was kicked out of the dorms at the end of the fall semester and back there late one night in the spring and throw a chair out of the 9th floor lounge. The chair lands about 20 ft behind a couple of guys that just walked out of the building and it scares them and me as I was drunk and thought I almost killed someone.

Fast forward to the fall semester 1980. I'm out at a bar I frequent and strike up a conversation with my opponents at the pool table. During the course of the conversation he tells about almost getting hit by a chair in the spring. Through further discusion we conclude that it was probably me that tossed the chair out the window that almost hit him. We laugh about it and see each other several times at this bar playing pool.

Fast forward to 1996. I am now married and visiting Madison with my wife and are at a party her cousin invited us to accompany her to. While at this party I see a guy who looks familiar and then I remember the chair incident. I ask my wife to go over and ask him if he has ever encountered furniture falling out of windows at him. She does and he laughs and says "As a matter of fact I have". It was indeed the same guy.