Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 03:04 AM

Default Random Coincidence Thread

Random coincidence 1: I am in Cabo a couple of weeks ago. At a bar I hear the song "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia, which I love, but haven't heard in over a year. I come back to SF and that Monday night go to a neighborhood bar. They are playing that song. Weird.

Random coincidence 2: Having dinner at a friend's Friday night. We're talking about mutual friends that we haven't talked to in forever and he asks me what happened to this one chick I used to hang out with off and on for a year or so. I tell him I haven't talked to her in two or three years and last time I talked to her she was engaged. Today I am checking out restaurant reviews for a new place AND THERE'S A REVIEW POSTED BY HER YESTERDAY! And that's one of only two reviews she has posted there, the other from two years ago. F'ing weird.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Random Coincidence Thread

This happened to two friends of mine from high school. the Three of us ran cross country on the high school team in Montana. Over 10 years later, friend A is dining out in Nevada, where he currently lives. Lo and behold friend B is eating in the next booth over and recently moved to the same town. They hadn't spoken in years and no idea they were living in the same town.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:14 AM

At my new job I notice a colleague uses the phrase "skin in the game" a lot. That weekend, William Safire writes about that phrase in The Times Magazine. Sick.

Evan was born in Evanston. Apparently he should have a brother named Ston. Unreal lol.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:14 AM

B,

I have had numerous things like your story happen. Like running into random friends from way back in foreign countries and stuff. The thing that makes my #2 so weird for me is not the fact that it happened, but the fact that I had talked about her for the first time in a couple of years the day before.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:16 AM

Dave,

I am seriously not kidding around here. One more POS snarky post like that from you and I will get on a plane to Cleveland and beat the crap out of you. I don't mean like just a beating. I mean like beat to a pulp followed by American History X style curbing. Please pretend like I'm screwing around here and try me. One more time, man, ONE MORE F'ING TIME.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:19 AM

Last summer I'm on vacation, in Berkeley, with megantw. We have lunch at Viks. We run into someone from my high school who I haven't seen in like 12 years. She had moved to the Bay Area like the week before.

Another time in San Francisco I played in a pickup soccer game. On my team was a guy I played high school soccer with in New Jersey, who I hadn't seen in like 8 years.

HR person here who helped my travel arrangements leaves this organization and moves to Columbus OH. She now works with a friend of mine from NY who moved back there.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:20 AM

Hartford CT, around 12:20. I'll be waiting for you.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:21 AM

My cousin took a photo at Disney in Orlando when she was a kid. In the background of the photo, is her future husband there with his family on vacation. The photo is discovered after they are married.

I'm eating at a restaurant in New York with megantw. Some guy behind us starts quoting something I said on an internet forum.

[ QUOTE ]
My cousin took a photo at Disney in Orlando when she was a kid. In the background of the photo, is her future husband there with his family on vacation. The photo is discovered after they are married.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like Costanza and Krueger but only disgustingly sweet.