Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 05:43 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Re: Bellagio 5/10 NL vs. Wynn 2/5 NL uncapped?

[ QUOTE ]
Such a bad structure with that cap. Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. Again, I'm not a NL player, but the few times I've been in that game the action is awesome. Yes it's a different structure and because of that a very different game but I still fail to see how that's a bad thing. I imagine someone with some very short lessons in shortstack play could make a lot in that game.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:08 PM

no one else is mentioning the palms for you so i will. but i must say that i know nothing about their 5-10NL but if it is anything like the 2/5NL then it could be a good game to get into since the 2/5 is a crazy game preflop almost always.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:22 PM

goof,

You are clearly not a NL player so please stop giving advice about something about which you know dick.

Rebel,

You may be best served playing 2/5 with a 1K buyin, the Wynn games play very big and it sounds like you may not be comfortable with that. You will see many others with 1K and beyond stacks.

J
Old 01-31-2006, 02:35 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

Caesars 5/10 NL when it goes is great, i've cut the game up for over 5k in 2 sessions there all from incredibly weak players with deep stacks and no stack control

i would'nt be telling anyone this if i did'nt want to see the game go more often in the first place
Old 01-31-2006, 02:41 PM

It clearly sounds like the Wynn games play huge. I've never heard of a $25k pot in a 2/5 game. How much money is on these 2/5 tables at peak hours? Part of the benefit of playing live for me is that I can improve my game in areas that are harder to improve by just playing online. Thinking through situations with deep money aids the learning process imo. I'm be very comfortable playing very deep in the 2/5 (I've played 2/5 with 400bb before and was fine) but I'd probably be a little uncomfortable with that much at 5/10. It pretty much sounds like I can't go wrong either way though.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:01 PM

The $25K thing is like a once a month type of thing. Although, Amir Nassiri won ~$50K pot two weeks ago in 5.10. The 2/5 usually plays no where near as deep as the game I was refferring to. There were 4 $10K+ stacks. That's the most I've ever seen in that game.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:30 PM

After all the responses, I'm a little fuzzy. I too am looking to step up to a $500-$1000 max buy-in N/L Vegas game. Two travel/playing friends of mine and I have crushed the $2-5 N/L buy-in each time we're there.

Not getting cocky and fully realizing there's a difference in bigger games, where would you recommend playing the next step up THAT CONSISTENLTY speads a game. We did well at the MGM $500 max buy-in N/L game after they first opened as well, and typically play 12-18 hour stretches, so need a consistent game. (coming out for SuperBowl weekend)

Any thoughts?
Old 01-31-2006, 07:48 PM

I played the 2/5NL game at Wynn for about 16 hours last Thurs-Sun (all after 10pm) and the game didn't seem that great to me. It seemed to be 50-60% locals each night and not a whole lot of action. The locals were even complaining though so last weekend may not have been the best indicator. A few of the 5/10 ers who were playing 2/5 waiting for a seat in the 5/10 said the 5/10 game had been incredible the last few days for what that's worth. I am more of a tournament player but when I play NL on line I usually play 3 or 4 table of 2/4 and buyin for only 50bbs since I like to play short. At Wynn I would buy in for 100-150bbs and usually be one of the shorter stacks at the table starting out. $1K seemed pretty common for a buy-in but some of the 5/10 guys would sit down at 2/5 with 3-5K.

Off topic, I loved the MTT structure at Wynn. $3K chips and 45 minute levels. Managed to chip the Friday $500 tourney which more than covered my donation to the 2/5 game...
Old 01-31-2006, 08:02 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

jaydub-

Why the hostility? I suggest you start masturbating.

I'm not a NL player and made that clear, I hear things from NL players abotu game quality though. Also re: the bellagio 2/5 I don't need to be a NL player to observe/log a few hours in a NL game and see that it's off the hook.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After all the responses, I'm a little fuzzy. I too am looking to step up to a $500-$1000 max buy-in N/L Vegas game. Two travel/playing friends of mine and I have crushed the $2-5 N/L buy-in each time we're there.

Not getting cocky and fully realizing there's a difference in bigger games, where would you recommend playing the next step up THAT CONSISTENLTY speads a game. We did well at the MGM $500 max buy-in N/L game after they first opened as well, and typically play 12-18 hour stretches, so need a consistent game. (coming out for SuperBowl weekend)

Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bellagio has really only been getting one 5/10 $1000max NL game. The 10-20nl is uncapped with a $600 min. This game can be awesome. I dont believe it has gone down once in the last 8 months. During busier hours there are 1-2 must moves to keep the main game going.

This also leads to a $25/50 nl game that has been spreading about 3-4 days a week. It certainly will on superbowl weekend.

The 2/5nl games are usually 4-5 tables. While it is a capped buy-in game, the stacks build. It's not uncommon to see 8-10k on the table. And these games can be very juicy. generally speaking this game can tend to lower swings that are easy to get out of a "hole". It lends towards medium aggression with the occasional wacko all-in calls with 2nd pair no kicker or tpnk all-ins vs top two.

A couple people have mentioned or asked about the Palms 2/5 $500max games. This is a wild wacko super aggro game preflop with plenty of "move makers" post flop. The swings can be insane but the overall profit potential is nuts.

Hope this helps.