Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Bubble Play

For future referance, you should ask "what range should I push with" or something similar, or just state "do you think pushing with any two here is good" or whatever. I kinda thought you were asking if this was good with any two...but it wasn't clear.

Also this is a $4 MTT, don't get too fancy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2006, 12:39 PM

THIS IS NOT A WHAT RANEG SHOULD I PUSH WITH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i stated that i believed cards to be irrelavant in this post i meant it. and i am not gettign fancy, i believe this play to be +EV in the long run given my read. I was asking if others thought i was correct. i could care less what hole cards you think i need, i don't think i need hole cards here. a range is only relevant if i think i will be called 50%+. i had little doubt that the villain would fold 90% of the time.

But thanks.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:56 PM

I guess I'm confused...What makes you sure he's going to fold most of the time. You stipulated that he folded to pressure for the most part. As previous poster stated, he called your preflop reraise so, unless he called preflop "pops" before, he at least has a pocket pair or two overcards to the board and your push would seem fishy to him.

My question for some of the other posters is what your line is given his preflop call. If you check, he's betting 90% of the time. Again, this does depend on your hand.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:00 PM

OK, with your read,
1) what range do you think villain calls your raise with preflop and

2) Of that range, what do you think he calls ur push with?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:09 PM

"
My read on the vilain was maybe a small PP 44-88 or a weak A A5-A10. His 5xbb bet meant weakness. fairly weak holdings. "

Edit: Let me expand to include AJ, AQ, KJ and KQ.

Like i said man i woul dthink he'd fold anything but 2pr+ and mid PP or naked ace i's expect to fold here.

And his time of action helped me base my decision to push. he went deep into his timebank pf and on the flop after the push afirming my original thought that the timeback meant weakness.

He had called before PF only to fold to post flop aggression. He looked to be calling in hopes of hitting a big flop.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:21 PM

well...if in similar situations he's folded then it seems like an easy push...why post?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:24 PM

my question is how many people think given this read you make this play. and how many people make the play regardless of holdings.