Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 11:35 PM

Default Re: I can\'t play online poker anymore

[ QUOTE ]
I can see some IRS agent talking to some other government agent regarding my winnings/losings online (because I pay my taxes) and he says "well I'll bust his ass".

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is illegal.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:38 PM

Give the guy a break. He has a lot more to lose if he gets nailed for playing poker online than most of us.

And the whole risk-taking issue? Poker players, of all people, should know that the risk has to be worth the reward. The money that the OP makes at poker is clearly not worth the risk, or significant to his personal wealth.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give the guy a break. He has a lot more to lose if he gets nailed for playing poker online than most of us.

And the whole risk-taking issue? Poker players, of all people, should know that the risk has to be worth the reward. The money that the OP makes at poker is clearly not worth the risk, or significant to his personal wealth.

[/ QUOTE ]What does that mean "gets nailed",do you mean arrested for playing poker? Im not sure thats a real threat here,and for sake of arguement if it is,and he was thrown in jail,just because he has more money that makes his freedom more valuable than someone making 50k?????Not in my mind.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:09 AM

guess he was tryin to make a point
guess you thought he was braggin
guess there is always a moron that has to make wise comments about all posts that are not made by pros or cynical people
Old 10-15-2006, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no word that can describe my feelings and beliefs regarding the ban on online gaming (specifically poker). For the last three years I have looked forward to playing several hours of online poker everynight after work. It kept me on an even keel, it was the perfect diversion. My wife jokingly would remind me that playing poker was my avocation rather than my vocation. She's right. I make about $500,000 a year with my actual job.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm really sorry Dr. Frist. My heart goes out to you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Seriously, this isn't going to happen under the current laws. If you are only playing and not involved in the industry no one is going to touch you. The social, political, legal, and practical problems with prosecuting are essentially insurmountable.

Right now they are not even prosecuting major affiliates who violate the law in plain sight of everyone.

BTW, my tax return says "gambling winnings". The words online, poker, and illegal do not appear.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:32 AM

yah, thanks moron....

hahahahha
Old 10-15-2006, 12:42 AM

John,

quit being a little bitch.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:46 AM

I wish everyone would quit looking at this as a Dem/Rep issue. Both parties are to blame for this crap. I don't know much about Shuler and his positions, but I would be curious what his stance is regarding online poker. Hopefully you have better choices than I have. Ben Nelson (encumbent - D) vs. Pete Rickets (R) and both are opposed to online poker. Lee Terry (R) not up re-election and also opposed to online poker. Also, Tom Osborne and Chuck Hagel represnt my state (Nebraska) and they're opposed to it also. All of the above currently serving in Congress are worthless and the person trying unseat Nelson is nit-wit as well. None of the above would be a great choice [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2006, 12:49 AM

Is this a joke post? I guess he's making fun of all the pros that played for a living over the last 3 years.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you sure are a chicken.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread