Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Moving out of the US

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just turned 21 so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I have been playing online for 3 years and have prolly cashed out 7-8 thousand.

I dont have a job and dont pay taxes on any income.

Is it possible I will be flagged and or arrested? because going to jail is not an option for me. im skinny fresh meat. i would prolly get pwned in the showers 10 times per day.

Someone who knows about taxes plz help

[/ QUOTE ]Go to IRS website,you might not even have to file federal making 7G a year in total gross income.But you can find that info on their site.Also state tax laws might also vary.

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry i missed the cashed out part,i believe its irrelevant if you cashed it out or not ,its what you`ve earned.But let someone else with better knowledge help you [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2006, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Moving out of the US

Remember that we voted for the idiots in Washington who are screwing us. It's not really the politicians as much as the soccer moms who want the evil gamblers away from their precious children and the apathetic moderates/don't care people who don't go to the polls to cancel the mom's vote for the facists.

Living in Latin America poses some other risks. You can live well with less money than here, but you face more risk. The kidnapping rate there is astronomical and if you are kidnapped, the FBI isn't going to be spending any time looking for you. You will be lucky to get out alive even if you pay. Also, many of the countries are unstable or could become unstable in the near future. Hugo Chavez destroyed the economy of Venezuela despite having tons of oil revenue. I worked down there and the local employees at my company say the value of their savings cut in half as their curency plummeted. They couldn't even exchange their money for dollars ahead of time because the government banned it. I saw a near revolution in Guatemala and watched Daniel Noriega (the commie that killed thousands of Nicaraguans) nearly get reelected. Even in Argentina, one of the better off countries down there, the economy collapsed a few years ago and crime skyrocketed. It might be a decent short-term alternative, but you need to be able to get out on short notice.