Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2006, 08:08 PM

Default Re: What\'s the best way to earn $2,000 in 127 days?

[ QUOTE ]
If I am an average player, I only have about a 10% chance of even getting my buy in back.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are the average player within the range of players that actually stand a chance to finish in the money that's probably close to true.

Seriously though, there's really no way to answer your question. It really just depends on you. I don't really even know myself what level or game is most profitable. I just found a place where I make more than enough money playing the times of day and days of the week I desire and I play a lot there. I'm fairly certain I could make more if I changed certain things up including game selection. But I'm not positive.

Hope you make it out for the main event and hope you have a good time doing so.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:01 PM

Ok, I've read the whole thread, and I think that your going about this the wrong way.

It seems that your goal, is to play in the WSOP main event because you think it would be a cool experience. You want to earn the right to play from your bankroll. Finally, you think you need $7K, so you can spend an estimated $3K on satellites.

Well, who is to say that you won't win the first time out, and invest just $27 or $40. The first time I played in the PPM, I selected the wrong sitngo, and got a semifinal seat, then I qualified, for the minimum investment.

I think that the best way to approach this, is to decide how much you want to keep in your bankroll, and apparently you have done this, and the magic number is $4000. That is pretty solidly bankrolled for the 2-4, and 3-6 games that you play. (Actually, I take income out of my bankroll, and play 5-10 online and 6-12 and 8-16 live, and keep mine at about $5000. Although I am trying to move it up, so I can play in bigger games.)

Why not just say, that for the time being, everything over 4k is in your WSOP bankroll. If you run great, win a big multi, or something like that, just buy-in directly, and don't take a chance on the satellites. If you don't, but you make some money in the meantime, use it to play in satellites, and maybe somewhere along the way, you will win a seat.

Just remember, your goal here, isn't that you want to win $2000, its that you want to win a seat, so just play for a while, see where you are in respect to that goal, and then take whatever resources you have, and apply them the best way possible.

I think that your real question should be - 'It's May 31, and I am willing to spend up to $1647 or whatever amount you have accumulated over $4000 to try and get a WSOP main event seat. What is my best plan from here?' I suspect that some sites will be offering freerolls, or nearly freerolls that might get you a seat, keep on the lookout for those, you might extend the amount of chances for getting a seat based on your bankroll.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:22 PM

The hands on Kanter and Williamson are just based on the hands that came on TV I assume, even though they were bad.

Not trying to stick up for either of these players but what you really need to do is play a good many tournaments even at small levels.

I don't think there's much point in having the money to try and qualify if the chance you have of doing well could have been much higher some short time later with more experience in tournaments.

This not knowing anything about your tournament skill or experience but I just think that it could be a better alternative. The WSOP 2007 will still be there.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:35 PM

blowjobs
Old 01-30-2006, 01:09 AM

Very Very simple my man.

Play 4 tables of $25NL or$50NL on party.
If your doing OK at the 3/6 limit tables you should have no problem nutpeddling your way to $2k within 30 days playing 15-20 hours a week or so.

If your willing to commit that kind of time this should be fairly easy for you. (also you should have some sort of experience with NL)