Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker.com Info

[ QUOTE ]
PartyGaming will be indefinitely suspend real money gaming activities in the United States.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 PM

The roof, the roof, the roof is on FIRE...

let it burn.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol I've got a 25% to 100 pending bonus on my account. How long do I have to clear it? A day?

[/ QUOTE ]

That should be plenty of time and he did say they would pro-rate whatever you got done.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait so your just going to keep the millions in rake your stole from us at the monster tables and cancel the promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading the thread again...Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he says he will convert any monster free-rolls into cash but I dont have any monster free-rolls I did however kick in over 5k toward the monster promotion with the additional rake they took. That I have no chance at getting back now.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also - does Party Poker have any plans to fight this legislation or lobby the US government for a poker exception?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the US government will care that an "illegal" online gaming company not based on US soil is upset about the recent legislation.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let it burn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My problem is that when the crisis hit they treated the players simply as lines on a spreadsheet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they did, they are a huge corporate entity that is publicly traded on the English stock market.

[ QUOTE ]
what I greatly object to is the douchy corporate speak that spewed from their mouths.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they are a huge corporation. I don't mean to sound like a sarcastic prick here, but would you rather that they knocked on your door with a fruit basket and told you their plan of action? Look, I hate corporate America as much as anyone (which is about 80% of why I play poker for a living) but that doesn't mean that I don't understand it. They have to address a very wide audience with this statement. Doing so on an individual basis would be extremely insufficient, and trying to word it such that it is meant to look like it was an individual letter would be transparent and imo even more insulting than using "corporate speak."

Look guys, this company is going no where. There is currently 87k players on party which means that they are still generating a [censored] ton of revenue. Your money is safe there, and quite frankly, I think that people are foolish for pulling out of the current VIP promo that is being run.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait so your just going to keep the millions in rake your stole from us at the monster tables and cancel the promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading the thread again...Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he says he will convert any monster free-rolls into cash but I dont have any monster free-rolls I did however kick in over 5k toward the monster promotion with the additional rake they took. That I have no chance at getting back now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand, but that is certainly not them keeping the money.That was what I was contesting. Sorry if it was crass.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:16 PM

In one week, Party Poker will be lucky to have 10,000 players. I believe that the company's founders got rich when the company went public. Now they are abandoning their shareholders and customers so that they can continue to travel to the US.
I don't trust that kind of people which is why I cashed out yesterday and now play at PokerStars.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:34 PM

So if Party just got tough with the US Congress and learned to love their customers everything would be all cool again, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Sounds like some of you live in a much simpler world than the one I live in.