Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 06:05 PM

Default PartyPoker.com Info

Although I can’t get into details about the decisions that have been, or will be made, I can hopefully clarify a few things that will concern you as players.

If, as expected, the act is signed into law, PartyGaming will be indefinitely suspend real money gaming activities in the United States.
This does not mean we will be closing the account of US players. Accounts will remain open and you will continue to have access to your funds. Cashouts will continue to be available. We have no plans to force withdrawals or not allow you to cashout using the standard methods. Deposits from US players will be suspended indefinitely.

Keep in mind, PartyGaming is a large company with a large player base. We are not “closing shop”. We are leaving the accounts of US players open because we are committed to finding new and interesting offerings. Our US community will remain.

For non US players, poker will go on as planned. Our games will continue and we will be offering more time zone friendly tournaments and promotions.

Information for US players:
PartyPoints: You may continue to use your PartyPoints in our Players Club store as usual. In addition, we have suspended the expiry of points for inactivity so that your points will remain in your account for use at your leisure. If these points are due to expire at some point in the future, we will give notice for you to use these points, but we anticipate that other services we may provide would include the ability to accumulate PartyPoints on top of your current balance.

Bonuses: Active bonuses will be unaffected unless and until the act has been signed into law. At that point, any uncompleted bonuses will be prorated. For example, if you have an incomplete $50 bonus that required you to play 500 raked hands but you have only played 250 raked hands, you will receive $25. If you have been participating in the VIP Red Carpet promotion and if the act is signed into law prior to the promotion’s completion, the calculation approach will be the same, but we will contact you separately to explain how we calculated your bonus payment.

Freerolls: Most unused tournament freerolls will be converted into cash. Because of valued/non valued freerolls, old/expired freerolls and wanting to make sure we can keep the non US players freerolls available we need to spend extra time on sorting out the freerolls. Hopefully we will have this cleared up prior to, and if, the bill is signed. If not we will have it cleared up shortly after.

Monster: Unfortunately, the structure of the PartyPoker.com Monster tournament makes it untenable to continue should the act becomes law. Accordingly, if and when that happens, it will be discontinued. At that time, we will convert Monster freerolls into cash equivalent amounts and refund that amount to any customers with unused freerolls. We will be converting the freerolls based on the expected value of the actual tournament that it is good for, as well as expected value for the next stages (monthly and final).
Old 10-03-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker.com Info

Mike,

Will a US citizen be able to play on Party from another country where it is legal to do so?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:13 PM

Mike,

I have an unredeemed Party Poker gift certificate that the site will not allow me to redeem now. How can I redeem this? These are essentially my funds and I believe I have the right to its value.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Accounts will remain open and you will continue to have access to your funds.

We are leaving the accounts of US players open because we are committed to finding new and interesting offerings. Our US community will remain.

[/ QUOTE ]

So real money accounts will remain open - but there will be no access to real money games for US players? What benefit is there to leaving any funds in this account? Will freerolls (entry =points) for real money still be offered?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:17 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Mike, an "Enjoy!" would have made me smile. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2006, 06:17 PM

Also - does Party Poker have any plans to fight this legislation or lobby the US government for a poker exception?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike,

Will a US citizen be able to play on Party from another country where it is legal to do so?

[/ QUOTE ]

More importantly will a foreigner 'visiting' the US be able to play here.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:21 PM

Mike-

If a squirrel climbed up your leg he would starve.

Enjoy!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike-

If a squirrel climbed up your leg he would starve.

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha ha.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:24 PM

Mike -

Where is all the money from the Monster Jackpot Drop going ?

SF