Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: The *Official* I Remember a Scene from An Obscure Film, But...

[ QUOTE ]
This was a TV movie in the mid-70s.

Boy and girl love to swim with big giant turtles, and they carve "J + M" (or whatever their initials were) into the shell of one of the big turtles. Later, the girl (I think) drowns or something, but she comes back to life or is some sort of water creature and has blue-green glowing eyes. I think she saves the boy and then submerges again and rides off on the turtle, which has... you guessed it ... "J+M" carved in the shell.

If anyone gets that, I'll be amazed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bermuda Depths

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077223/
Old 10-03-2006, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember seeing a horror movie when I was 12ish that scared me pretty badly - it was set at an amusement park where the owner had this deformed son who worked at the park wearing a mask and basically molested and killed lots of women and girls. Eventually he was unmasked and was this hideous alien-like creature. Anyone know what movie this was?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Funhouse

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082427/
Old 10-03-2006, 08:54 PM

Ok, I've got three:

1. Monster movie with two giant King-Kong type creatures. One was good and one was bad. One was green and was brown? Some female reporter type (I think) got thrown in the mix trying to save the friendly one from the military.

2. 70's Stoner type flic with a giant eyeball that keeps showing up as two characters are driving around. I remember "Don't Fear the Reaper" playing a significant role in the soundtrack

3. Some kids discover some sort of electric orb type thing (in a shack I think) that saps power out of powerlines and what not. Turns out to be a time travel device. At some point there's dinosaurs.

Anybody? Help?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. 70's Stoner type flic with a giant eyeball that keeps showing up as two characters are driving around. I remember "Don't Fear the Reaper" playing a significant role in the soundtrack

[/ QUOTE ]

The Stoned Age??
Old 10-03-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Stoned Age??

[/ QUOTE ]
Hah! Thank you

I wonder if this one will still be funny now that I'm not 12
Old 10-03-2006, 09:10 PM

I had one of these moments the other day, when I was younger I saw a movie at my grandparents house and it scared the hell out of me. It was about, hell lets see what IMDB says:
[ QUOTE ]
Plot Outline: Eight teenagers are trapped after hours in a high tech shopping mall and pursued by three murderous security robots out of control.

[/ QUOTE ] This had been bugging me for years until this weekend when I was at my girlfriends and after dinner I walked into the TV room and it was amazingly playing on the random movie channel her Dad was watching earlier. Pull up the menu and find the title I was looking for was, Chopping Mall.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:10 PM

I saw this movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over fifty. And if its speed dropped, the bus would explode! I think it was called... "The bus that couldn't slow down."
Old 10-03-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw this movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over fifty. And if its speed dropped, the bus would explode! I think it was called... "The bus that couldn't slow down."

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Speed.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This was a TV movie in the mid-70s.

Boy and girl love to swim with big giant turtles, and they carve "J + M" (or whatever their initials were) into the shell of one of the big turtles. Later, the girl (I think) drowns or something, but she comes back to life or is some sort of water creature and has blue-green glowing eyes. I think she saves the boy and then submerges again and rides off on the turtle, which has... you guessed it ... "J+M" carved in the shell.

If anyone gets that, I'll be amazed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bermuda Depths

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077223/

[/ QUOTE ]

Much Better Review
Old 10-03-2006, 09:36 PM

Mid 1980s, hazy on the premise, something to do with aliens landing on Earth. Important part was near the end this kid and a bunch of soldiers go into the alien ship and can't get out until the kid uses his lucky penny to close a circuit and make the door work