Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 02:41 PM
 is offline

Default The *Official* I Remember a Scene from An Obscure Film, But...

...I can't remember what the hell the movie is!

I got a bunch of these from my childhood that have been irking me for quite sometime. Two specific ones come to mind:

1. For the slasher movie fans out there, I recall watching USA Up All Night about 10 years or so back. They used to run B-grade horror movies all the time. There was this one that took place at a sleepaway camp, a la Friday the 13th. The one scene I recall is some fat dude goes to take a piss on a tree, and when he turns around, he gets axed in the gut and his bladder spills open (pouring out yellow, which is presumably urine, even though he just emptied his tank). The only other thing I can remember that might help is that the killer was a girl (sorry for the spoiler if anyone actually wanted to see this movie).

2) This one is more vague, but might be easier to get. Also from 10-15 years ago. All I remember is that it's a few kids who sneak out of their house and start building this spaceship in some secret hideout (like a treehouse, or something). IIRC, at the end of the movie, they end up flying the thing over their town. I suppose the movie had a Radio Flyer/Flight of the Navigator feel to it, but is neither one of those.

Anyway, I would love to hear some that make your list. I'd love it even more if you can shine some light on mine.

(moved from The Lounge, because I need instant gratification)
Old 10-03-2006, 02:51 PM

Default Re: The *Official* I Remember a Scene from An Obscure Film, But...

[ QUOTE ]
2) This one is more vague, but might be easier to get. Also from 10-15 years ago. All I remember is that it's a few kids who sneak out of their house and start building this spaceship in some secret hideout (like a treehouse, or something). IIRC, at the end of the movie, they end up flying the thing over their town. I suppose the movie had a Radio Flyer/Flight of the Navigator feel to it, but is neither one of those.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't remember it too well either, but you are probably thinking of Explorers (1985) with Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:54 PM

There's a movie in which terrorists take over a plane -- yeah, I'm sure there are hundreds -- but what was interesting about this one is that probably 20-30 minutes in the passengers (I don't recall a 'name' actor in there) manage to subdue the terrorists and have to figure out whether/how to bring them to justice.

Amazingly, there seem to be two different endings to the movie, and I've seen them both. I think in one, they hang the bastards, while in the other, they decide to let justice take place on the ground.

Anyone have any idea what movie I'm talking about? Help?!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:58 PM

I remember seeing a horror movie when I was 12ish that scared me pretty badly - it was set at an amusement park where the owner had this deformed son who worked at the park wearing a mask and basically molested and killed lots of women and girls. Eventually he was unmasked and was this hideous alien-like creature. Anyone know what movie this was?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a movie in which terrorists take over a plane -- yeah, I'm sure there are hundreds -- but what was interesting about this one is that probably 20-30 minutes in the passengers (I don't recall a 'name' actor in there) manage to subdue the terrorists and have to figure out whether/how to bring them to justice.

Amazingly, there seem to be two different endings to the movie, and I've seen them both. I think in one, they hang the bastards, while in the other, they decide to let justice take place on the ground.

Anyone have any idea what movie I'm talking about? Help?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this...but I think it was a TV movie...have no idea what the name of it is is, though.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:18 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't remember it too well either, but you are probably thinking of Explorers (1985) with Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks bro. This is definitely it. Apparently it's actually a good movie too! Excited to rent this one again.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:28 PM

I remember seeing a movie on TV a long time ago...I think Dean Martin was in it?

Anyway, there was a really violent scene that I was surprised was shown during prime time. There was some kind of fancy-dress cocktail party going on, and there was a sniper who ended up shooting this woman in an evening gown. Fake-blood spatter everywhere...the sniper was a white guy disguised as a black guy, presumably to foster some kind of racial conflict.

Am I nuts?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:32 PM

About 10 years ago I remember watching a movie which had these GIANT round wormlike creatures that would jump out from the ground. I vaguely remember at the end people figure out spraying them with a fire extinguisher ruins their vision or something. There might have been more than one part to the movie, maybe with a sequel. I'm pretty sure this is/was a well known movie, I just don't know its name.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About 10 years ago I remember watching a movie which had these GIANT round wormlike creatures that would jump out from the ground. I vaguely remember at the end people figure out spraying them with a fire extinguisher ruins their vision or something. There might have been more than one part to the movie, maybe with a sequel. I'm pretty sure this is/was a well known movie, I just don't know its name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tremors?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Tremors (1990) with Kevin Bacon. Awesome flick.