Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Wikipedia Vandalism

[ QUOTE ]
It looked fine when I read it.

Does anyone have the good stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you click on the history of it and click through some of the old versions.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Wikipedia Vandalism

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still trying to figure out why this is such a shock to people. Internet gambling has always been illegal in the US. I've seen this coming for 2 years...

[/ QUOTE ]
If it was already illegal, why did they have to sneak another law in? To make it reillegal? What is next, will they sneak a bill in making murder a crime?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read the bill but from what I understand, it make the transfer of money to gambling sites illegal. The act of gambling online was already illegal and this just made in enforcable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though what eventually passed only covered the financial side of things, it does not change the fact that the orginal bill pushed by Goodlatte, and passed in the House of Reps this past summer included an update to the Wire Act to clarify that online gambling is illegal.

What we had before was an outdated law created before Al Gore even invented the Internet that specifically covered sports betting over phone lines. The Dept. of Justice was trying to fit a square peg through a round hole.

Playing online poker was and is still a gray area, and players have zilch to worry about as long as the government's only leg to stand on is the Wire Act.