Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Wikipedia Vandalism

Was looking at some of the vandalism at Bill Frist's wikipedia entry. It honestly made me question if the bill was justified or not. Seeing how immature some people are, I wonder if possibly they really are too young, unstable or immature to gamble. I'm sure this is the minority, but some of the posters here are acting just as irrational.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Wikipedia Vandalism

OP,

people are immature, doesn't mean the government should tell them what to do. do you see why?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:50 PM

Internet:

Serious business.

[ QUOTE ]
Was looking at some of the vandalism at Bill Frist's wikipedia entry. It honestly made me question if the bill was justified or not. Seeing how immature some people are, I wonder if possibly they really are too young, unstable or immature to gamble. I'm sure this is the minority, but some of the posters here are acting just as irrational.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had no part in it, but I think it is the greatest form of political free speech. FWIW, the new entries that were accurate about Frist sticking the bill into a freeroll on the ports bill were also deleted, so there is more there than just cleaning up the vandalism of the Wiki Sites.

I'm still trying to figure out why this is such a shock to people. Internet gambling has always been illegal in the US. I've seen this coming for 2 years...
Old 10-03-2006, 04:51 PM

It looked fine when I read it.

Does anyone have the good stuff?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still trying to figure out why this is such a shock to people. Internet gambling has always been illegal in the US. I've seen this coming for 2 years...

[/ QUOTE ]
If it was already illegal, why did they have to sneak another law in? To make it reillegal? What is next, will they sneak a bill in making murder a crime?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I had no part in it, but I think it is the greatest form of political free speech. FWIW, the new entries that were accurate about Frist sticking the bill into a freeroll on the ports bill were also deleted, so there is more there than just cleaning up the vandalism of the Wiki Sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read those entires, but chances are they were extremely bias and opinionated. I'm sure an entry written without any bias wouldn't be deleted.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looked fine when I read it.

Does anyone have the good stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thread in Internet Gambling
Old 10-03-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If it was already illegal, why did they have to sneak another law in? To make it reillegal? What is next, will they sneak a bill in making murder a crime?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read the bill but from what I understand, it make the transfer of money to gambling sites illegal. The act of gambling online was already illegal and this just made in enforcable.