Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Tpgk in a unraised pot. How do we play it?

Pre-flop: Raising is probably best here, but calling is only a very minor mistake.

Flop: Against unknowns, I would just lead. A C/R attempt is also perfectly fine. Check-calling, and hoping to C/R the turn is also fine. Many different options here, though I prefer keeping things simple without reads.

Turn: This looks like an excellent C/R opportunity. There are many hands that he will bet again, and call the C/R with. Your hand is very mysterious right now. A check-through sucks, but is not a disaster in such a small pot. Your hand is definitely big enough for a bet-3-bet, though I would expect villain to either call or fold to a turn lead most of the time.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:11 PM

Raise pf, bet flop, bet turn. That's really all there is to beating these games. People call down all the time with crap but they don't always bet it for you. Don't deviate from ABC play against unknowns.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:15 AM

You can't let the turn check through because it gives Ax and Jx a free draw. I don't mind completing PF. Most Kxx and Qxx flops don't inspire tons of action, so bet out every time.

I think you can either CR turn or bet/3bet. Make sure you get a bet in on the river if it is safe.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:11 AM

I called preflop here, because I have read something that you should not raise with hands that do not play well in multiway pots (KQo/AJO) oop. But I think I misread the situationen in this hand. Probably throught that there was more than one limper. But is this the correct way to think? Raising preflop is the better play, if there are few limpers in front of me. But calling is the best play if 3 or more have limped???
Old 10-02-2006, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I called preflop here, because I have read something that you should not raise with hands that do not play well in multiway pots (KQo/AJO) oop. But I think I misread the situationen in this hand. Probably throught that there was more than one limper. But is this the correct way to think? Raising preflop is the better play, if there are few limpers in front of me. But calling is the best play if 3 or more have limped???

[/ QUOTE ]

There is only one limper, and you would think that if he had a better hand he would have raised with it. Also, since he limps UTG, he probably isn't very good at poker, which is another reason to raise, not to mention potentially getting the BB out and getting HU with UTG. A large percentage of the flops are going to miss both of you, so you will be able to take it down with a bet, if not on the flop, on the turn.

Then when you do hit, you will win a bigger pot than you would have had just just called preflop.

If there were 3 limpers, I would probably just complete.