Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: General PT Statistics Question - NC

[ QUOTE ]

That stat is pretty much meaningless. I have a lot of small losing sessions simply because I sit down for an orbit, find out the table is too tight or i'm out of position relative to the loose players and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

um.....MOVE UP!
Old 10-25-2005, 04:26 AM

Default roughly equal vpip & pfr--pitfalls of carrying these numbers?

I'm playing Empire 1/2.

Clearing a bonus, and in the throes of a bad downswing, I started playing uber-tight. The tables being on the tight-passive side, I also began stealing aggressively, both against the blinds and against passive stats.

Anyway, what has transpired is something like 14/12 preflop over 5,000 hands, with about a 3 post-flop aggression.

The reason I'm posting is because I really, really, really like this style of play. It feels right. I feel like I'm in control. I'll raise, say, Q5s from the hi-jack, take the hand to SD and lose it, look up at my HUD to see 15/15 over 175 hands, and not feel like I'm spewing. It also pleases me that my opponents are saying "wtf?" when they see me raise junk preflop and show it down but still show tight preflop numbers.

The major changes have been: Eliminating most low-to-mid suited Aces, in all positions and in the BB against a raise, unless it's a crowded field; Pretty much never limping with KJ/KT; Never limping with anything from MP; Militantly avoiding low pairs and suited connectors except in LP w/ three already in; Laying down a lot of hands like QJo/JTo in LP, even with two already in; laying down middle pairs (even 88 sometimes) 1st to act in EP; and most especially not putting a lot of stock in the blind discount against a raise--often I'll lay down, say, ATs in the BB against a non-steal raise. And so on and so forth.

So, this style of play is new to me. For long stretches of a session, my vpip and pfr will be equal. That feels weird, but kind of cool.

I'd appreciate being made aware of considerations that I'm missing in going forward this way. Maybe I've become enamored of a method that only works at the type of table you see at the new Empire. Obviously over at Party I'd be seeing more 6-way flops and limping more hands.

But the more experienced and aggressive players here will be doing me a huge favor if they let me know whether they see some promise here or pure knuckleheadedness.

Just to put this out there, for example--what do you say to never, ever limping anything 1st to act in EP (AT, KJs, A9s, 88, whatever) when at a tight table? And what do you say to playing these tables long-term with vpip and pfr within a point of each other?

Thanks
Old 10-26-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Since I locked this guy\'s thread....

figured I should at least post the text here.

Tip for the kids: use the search function.

Post by Augster:

Last night I went through Wookie's 6-max stat post and the sticky up above for full ring and compared their suggested stats with mine. I'm just horrid.

90% of my stats were gleaned from .50/1 full-ring at PStars and Party.

Over those, my VPIP is about 23, and my PFR is about 12. I am seeming to find a few more hands to play than most. I'd rather not.

The MOST telling stat to me though was Went to Showdown. I'm at 48%!!!! Needless to say, my W$SD is 45% not the suggested 50-60. So more than half the time I'm showing down losers. Yuck.

Can anyone let me know how to get the went to showdown percentage DOWN??? Should I be giving up more on the flop, even with odds, though very bleak?

A typical line that I seem to do a LOT is there will be a few limpers and I'll raise with ATs in LP. Say hearts. The flop will come J72, with one heart and someone will donk bet into me. I'll usually raise to get it head's up, they call. It's probably a 6-7BB pot now. The turn is another heart and I have a flush draw. Another donkbet into me, and I'll call at 8:1 with an over and a nutflush draw. The river will pair my Ten but isn't a heart. And another donkbet with a board of J725T. So I have to call at 10:1 don't I? The guy will invariably have KJ or QJ and I'll chock another one up to WTSD and W$SD<50.

That scenario plays itself out all the time, I find. I know there HAS to be more than that though, being an "expected" WTSD is about 28-32 and I'm a full 15 points higher!

Thanks for any suggestions and help. Over just under 10K hands at .5/1 I was at about 4BB/100. So I have made some money, but I'm pretty sure I could be making more. I'm not doing so well at 1/2 and am starting to believe that I'm actually beaten when I get C/R'd on the turn. I actually laid TPTK down today one time after the turn C/R.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: **Official microlimit stats thread** stats posts and questions go here

Well I burned all 9 pages of this post onto a cd so I could read it at work where I don't have the web and I think I have lots of work to do. Here are my numbers and thanks for any info on how to improve the numbers.

Hands: 12779
VP$IP: 13.13 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
VP$SB: 22.89
FSBTS: 82.50
FBBTS: 76.27
ATTtoSteal blinds: 19.90
W$WSF: 27.51
BB/100: 1.67
WTSD: 27.27
W$@SD: 60.32
PFR: 5.73
total AF 2.60

I know Im a very tight player and I miss opportunities to be in pots vs donks. I can't win if Im on the sidelines when they make bad mistakes. These hands are mostly at .5/1 and 1/2 but I have moved down to .1/.2 nanolimits since I have not won since the middle of July and Im working on my game so maybe I do it on the cheap.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: **Official microlimit stats thread** stats posts and questions go

Make a post in a thread every time you see someone playing a hand that you'd fold preflop, or raising a hand that you'd limp. That'll help you get a feel for what hands people are playing that you aren't, and you can start adding them.

Actually, I'll take this opportunity to cite a series of old posts from a while back that were really great. They not only deal with loosening up preflop, but they've got some great postflop content, too. Anyone who hasn't read them should.

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Old 11-02-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: **Official microlimit stats thread** stats posts and questions go

You rock, Matt! Those are great threads. I'd been wondering about some of those marginal situations, particularly when they come on the turn.

Buzz
Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: A stats post..

I know I asked this in another thread but I forgot which one it was. How do you get Poker Tracker to make one of those pretty graphs?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:09 PM

www.pokerpatterns.com
Old 11-02-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
www.pokerpatterns.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:24 PM

I'm a 25/14 @ 6max games however my post flop agg is 1.8 which i hope is low, and I hope can explain why I go to 41% of showdowns and only win 46% of them.

(this is over my last 12k hands). I think I've become somewhat of a wuss post flop and end up seeing too many showdowns because it. i also cannot fold.