Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The most beautiful girl in the world.
Adriana Lima, Jessica Alba, Keira Knightley, Kate Beckinsale, Vida Guerra 15 28.30%
Someone else 38 71.70%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2006, 08:57 AM

Default Re: How Many Tables Do You Play & Why?

I usually play three, four if I've got peace and quiet and can concentrate properly. I've got a laptop and and the games overlap, which really [censored] me. I think four tables would suit me well, I just need a nice 20" monitor.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:18 AM

If I don't feel like concentrating, 4 if full ring and 3 if 6max. If I do, 6 full ring and 4 6max.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:43 AM

Depends what I'm doing:

Clearing a party bonus - 8-10 tables on total autopilot.. I couldn't tell you what happened 2 hands ago unless I hit quads or a str. fl.

Pretty much 1-3 tables under any other circumstances, including playing my highest limit, playing 2p2 games, or playing NL or some other game I'm not as familiar with as LHE..

I used to swear by multitabling, but lately, not so much.
I know that in the long run you'll make more $$ moving up limits than adding more tables. I'm not there yet, but 3 5/10's @1bb/hr or even just one 15/30 @1bb/hr is the same as 10 .5/1's @3bb/hr. And when you go even higher you'll surpass anything you could possibly do at the micros. That's my goal anyway, working on it, and getting there.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:42 PM

I play 4 easy tables, pretty mindlessly, because I find it's the fastest way for me to clear bonuses.

When I really want to play, I play at one or two tougher, higher-stakes tables (3-6 FL, or $100 NL). Or tournaments. But most of what I'm doing now is for the easy money of beating the loose game and clearing the bonus, so I'll play four 0.50-1 or 1-2 tables tight.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:47 PM

I just play one table at a time. I find that right now my hourly rate is higher if I concentrate on one table at a time. I am working on improving my play, building a bankroll, and moving up slowly when I feel I am ready.

I play .5/1.00 LHE right now and I am about ready to move up to 1/2.

If I was a straight bonus whore, then I would consider the multi-tabling. Just MO. good luck.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:56 PM

I always wonder what is more correct in deciding to single table because you can concentrate and play your 'best poker' absorbing everything about the game of microlimit or go back to textbook responses and multitable a bankroll for 5/10 or 10/20 and be done with it skipping the learning until I get to those levels since the game changes so much anyways after the micros.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always wonder what is more correct in deciding to single table because you can concentrate and play your 'best poker' absorbing everything about the game of microlimit or go back to textbook responses and multitable a bankroll for 5/10 or 10/20 and be done with it skipping the learning until I get to those levels since the game changes so much anyways after the micros.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need a roll to move up.. so if bankroll is the reason you aren't moving up, be more inclined to multi-table. if skill is, be less inclined to multi-table*.

* less inclined to autopilot multitable. if you can two table and learn well enough (possibly better b/c more hands = more experience), then do so.