Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you hate yourself too?
totally 9 7.26%
yes 6 4.84%
absolutely 9 7.26%
somewhat 100 80.65%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2006, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Insane weight loss prop bet

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I just read some of your comments to my friend (the other guy) and he's not looking too good right now.

I'm kinda lazy, so neither of us thought I could do it. I don't have a whole lot of money on this. With the 50:1, he limited the amount I could bet, he only let me put up $100. Needless to say, after hearing what you guys think he's resigned himself to probably paying.

I'm not going in over-confident, but think I'll enjoy spending the extra money on the new clothes I'm going to need. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2006, 11:51 PM

You could probably drop ten or fifteen pounds of just water at the very end, easy (kinda) money.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, thanks for the input. I just read some of your comments to my friend (the other guy) and he's not looking too good right now.

I'm kinda lazy, so neither of us thought I could do it. I don't have a whole lot of money on this. With the 50:1, he limited the amount I could bet, he only let me put up $100. Needless to say, after hearing what you guys think he's resigned himself to probably paying.

I'm not going in over-confident, but think I'll enjoy spending the extra money on the new clothes I'm going to need. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Yeah, for $5000 you have to be one lazy rich bastard not to win this bet. What's crazy is you can do this totally healthy and legit and probably still lose the 50 pounds. A good diet + regular exercise and you are golden. Just don't [censored] it all up by pigging out one day or taking a week off of working out.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]If I were you, I'd let him change the odds to not be so lobsided, at least if 5k means anything to him, that is. I mean, you never even agreed on the $ yet.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 PM

Oh, and I say don't go super extreme (starvation/dehydration/whatever) unless you are way behind schedule and need to lose the last 20 pounds or so. You'll wreck yourself if you try any of those longterm. Cut back calories and worthless food (maybe find a non-extreme diet plan) and just get a regular work out routine going.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:07 AM

I forgot to say I think this because I went from 250 to 222 in the last 3 months just from working out 3 times a week (only started that about a month and a half ago) and eating healthy most of the time. That was opposed to rarely working out and not really caring what I ate most of the time. If I worked out 5 days a week and never ate crappy food (such as a meatball sandwich, chips & salsa, 6 beers and a margarita on Saturday night), I could have dropped close to 50 (just not sure if I'd be very healthy at 200 though).
Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 AM

Saturday was the end of 2 months of my diet, I have lost 56 pounds so far. This bet is EZ.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:19 AM

Something else to consider is whether or not it will be worth enough money to you. It will be a pretty crappy time, and not the healthiest weightloss, you'll be losing a lot of muscle as well. It would take quite a bit of cash for me to do something like this.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:26 AM

My preferred method of dropping weight quickly has already been highly publicized.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm aiming to lose about 30-35 lbs. the good old fashioned way of eating less / exercising more. 2-3 days from the weigh in I plan on going on one of those massive weight cutting regimines that wrestlers & fighters go through. Basically dehydrating the hell out of myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to wrestle and each July I would compete in a big national tournament. Everyone from our state would go to a training camp the week before the tournament to lose weight and practice (most of us hadn't been cutting weight since March). In 7 days, I dropped from 123 (in good shape) to 111 pounds the first year I went. This was the result of dieting, working out 4-5 hours per day and cutting a lot of water on the final two days.

You shouldn't need to crash at the end though. Just work at it all 101 days and it should be easy.