Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Re: K high calldown

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I'd never have anything I could bet the turn because I would have raised them all pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise all K highs+ when a LAGGY postflop player open completes? Not saying its wrong just think that Im not good enough postflop to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it as basically forcing him to put money into a pot I'm probably going to win because I have position and he has a weak hand.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise all my button open hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's wrong, it's not by much.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I'd never have anything I could bet the turn because I would have raised them all pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise all K highs+ when a LAGGY postflop player open completes? Not saying its wrong just think that Im not good enough postflop to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it as basically forcing him to put money into a pot I'm probably going to win because I have position and he has a weak hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just doesn't fit with my theory behind playing LAGs I want them to keep betting because that's what they do too often. I am often checking A high here with the idea of getting to showdown.

Also in this situation it doesn't mean that he has a weak hand because he is not LAGGY preflop.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It just doesn't fit with my theory behind playing LAGs I want them to keep betting because that's what they do too often. I am often checking A high here with the idea of getting to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does raising pf prevent you from going to SD?

[ QUOTE ]
Also in this situation it doesn't mean that he has a weak hand because he is not LAGGY preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it really does. First the guy is raising more then 6 percent of his hands first in in the SB. Second his VPiP is likely significantly higher then 55 in this situation. His range here is very very weak.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:23 PM

Leader, raising preflop prevents me from going to showdown because I don't calldown after I get C/Red. Raising preflop would get me C/Red on this flop and flops like it very often because it limits my range.

If you are getting to showdown in this situation after raising and getting called on this floe wrongp or C/R on this flop what is your line and how often are you getting to showdown if called?

You're right about the weakness of his range, but a combination of things still makes me not want to raise.

1. If he has nothing you gain an extra SB
2. If he decides to try to push me off my hand based on the flop, I fold. Losing an extra BB.
3. If he has something that I can't read I usually charge my self 1-2 BB extra.

So for that all to even out with getting him to bet when behind my gut says that he has to have probablility of trying to get me to fold a better hand, and I don't think he has a low % of trying to push me off a better hand.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leader, raising preflop prevents me from going to showdown because I don't calldown after I get C/Red. Raising preflop would get me C/Red on this flop and flops like it very often because it limits my range.

[/ QUOTE ]

It limits your range because you don't raise enough. If you think you're being bluff c/r'ed, don't fold the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are getting to showdown in this situation after raising and getting called on this floe wrongp or C/R on this flop what is your line and how often are you getting to showdown if called?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's completely situational, but in general you would just call down.

[ QUOTE ]
You're right about the weakness of his range, but a combination of things still makes me not want to raise.

1. If he has nothing you gain an extra SB

[/ QUOTE ]

By checking? I think it's the other way around.

[ QUOTE ]
2. If he decides to try to push me off my hand based on the flop, I fold. Losing an extra BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop folding the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]
3. If he has something that I can't read I usually charge my self 1-2 BB extra.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he got lucky and hit on you. That's poker. Of course you’re going to lose more when you raise pf and he hits. The point is that he misses ~2/3 of the time on the flop. You have position. If you play it correctly, there's nothing he can do to turn that into a winning formula for him. So you win the pots when you hit. He wins the pots when he hits. And you win most of the pots when you both miss. So why don't we want more money in this pot again?