Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 05:10 AM

Default Re: AJ facing a flop min checkraise

[ QUOTE ]
fold to flop minraise, or call down. or pop turn all in, or 3bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cannot see the advantage of 3-bet flop or pop turn against an unknown.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would assume that villain would re-raise a higher ace out of position.
The flush draw is unlikely as well due to villain check-raise in first position,and a flop fold therefore seems as the best solution but don’t lie down to such click-raises to often.
A 3-bet doesn’t appeal to me as a very good play. Villain will not call with anything we beat and we will commit way to much money to the pot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
if they are able to checkraise a weaker ace, they are just as able to call an all in with that weak ace. so no, if we expand their hand range, a 3bet all in great.

call me crazy, but i do it alot, and AJ is a nice profitable hand for me.

same with the turn push.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:29 AM

I don’t think it is very likely that villain is holding a weaker A. Calling raises with weak aces from the blinds doesn’t seem like a profitable play to me, and I am much more likely to call with suited-connectors and pocket pairs which don’t contain the same reversed implied odds. Even though villain had a weaker ace I doubt that he would call our 3-bet or turnpush unimproved. So if you really think that villain is holding a weaker ace it would probably be most profitable to call him down.
But with an unknown villain I just fold to the checkraise. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2006, 07:10 AM

Whenever I face a min-raise with a semi-strong hand like this, I call and re-evaluate the next street. Anyone saying you can't call the min-raise unless you plan on calling the turn is wrong. The kind of donk Villains who check min-raise often do this just to see where they are (in this case, with top pair no kicker??), and you will often be able to check this down or put in a river value bet when Villain checks the turn and river with his crappy A.

In this case, it seems like he wants to play for stacks. I don't see him having a worse hand, and I don't see him folding his better hand. So fold turn.