Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 02:09 AM

Default Re: PF Play, how loose is too loose?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The QJo was probably too loose, but it was also a pretty passive table with a 2.1 PFR% IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still fold it. I hate bad larrys. You flop a jack and everyone calls. Three people call you when you bet turn and river blanks. You think, hooray, calling stations provide great value to my larrys, and then they all turn over KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...this Aussies Bad Larrys hand rings a bell! Obviously its not exactly the same sitation but the point is that I got stuck playing QJ OOP versus a raiser and that put me in a tough spot.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The QJo was probably too loose, but it was also a pretty passive table with a 2.1 PFR% IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still fold it. I hate bad larrys. You flop a jack and everyone calls. Three people call you when you bet turn and river blanks. You think, hooray, calling stations provide great value to my larrys, and then they all turn over KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...this Aussies Bad Larrys hand rings a bell! Obviously its not exactly the same sitation but the point is that I got stuck playing QJ OOP versus a raiser and that put me in a tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right! Nice illustration. That hand was my nightmare. Can't fold, don't like betting, but if I check and call, I'm probably paying someone like a fish.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:47 AM

Limping with QJ is not usually a good idea in EP. You could easilly be dominated and not even know it. When all of the loose passive opponents do is call, you have no idea if you are padding your stack or their's. They could very easilly call you down with KJ on a J45 flop and take down a decent size pot all based upon the fact you that you have no clue what they are holding. THEY JUST CALL!

Get in with your marginal hands like this in LP, you get to see how your loose passive opponents act. You will have a much easier time knowing if QJ is good in LP than in early position at any table, but especially amongst calling stations.

Against a loose passive table that you were describing, limp and raise with hands like this in late position. There is so much money to be made at that table, but limping with QJ in EP is not the way to get the money!