Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Prolly boring 20-40 hand

[ QUOTE ]
I like checkraising the turn. A lot. Especially given your river action.

[/ QUOTE ]

the turn should never get checked in teh first place (i c/r the flop). i dont like relying on the 3-bettor to fire again on the turn. AK is a big part of his range and not only do you give a free card but you miss value. if you check-raise you will almost always be checkraising a hand that kills yours.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:24 PM

don't fall in love with folding at the end in a big pot.

oh, i like donking on flop.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the turn should never get checked in teh first place (i c/r the flop). i dont like relying on the 3-bettor to fire again on the turn. AK is a big part of his range and not only do you give a free card but you miss value. if you check-raise you will almost always be checkraising a hand that kills yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this not classic way ahead way behind? AK is the only hand that has more than 5 outs.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this not classic way ahead way behind? AK is the only hand that has more than 5 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy probably isnt 3-betting AJs. i raise preflop 50% more than him and i dont 3-bet it there. his range is most likely AA-99 (maybe 88), AK, AQ. yeah, you arent in great shape, but there is another player in and he probably has something really awful. you are getting 2-1 on the c/r. also if you c/r the flop he might pay off with TT or 99. headsup you could allow that free card to avoid letting him sometimes fold a 2 outer.

people write WA/WB a lot. i dont know what the standard procedure is for one of those situations but im sure it breaks down enough that im glad i dont know what it is
Old 01-27-2006, 04:34 PM

people seem to love betting the flop but i would rather get 2 bets when ahead and 3 when behind than 1 when ahead and 2 when behind. maybe i am too far removed from the days when i actually knew my fundamentals, but when that flop comes im not focusing on trying to protect my hand. im thinking $$$$$

Old 01-27-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't need to protect your hand when you are losing and when you are ahead your KQ and 3-bettor's AK/AJ/AT combine to contaminate almost all of SB's likely outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

while this is a well put statement, i don't think we can eliminate the possibility of SB holding the following cards:
T9, J9, Q9, Jxs, Qxs, 3xs, 22, 44-tt, etc. So, i think it is best to knockout SB or make him pay extra with the likely best hand in this growing big pot.

notice, hero is often ahead here against 3bettor's range (my guess: AA-TT, AK, AQ, maybe AJ, 99). for those times he is behind, only KK, AQ, QQ, JJ have him beat badly.

my 2 cents.

- Kenny
Old 01-27-2006, 05:17 PM

I'd ch/c the flop, lead the turn and call a raise, then play the river by ear. If turn is just called, bet the river.