Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Jibba\'s Week 3 NFL

BSP picks all the way; g/l.

Never been a believer in the Giants, but I don't really get everyone being on Seattle. As lucky as the Giants were last week, they were pretty unlucky vs. the Colts. I also think Seattle's perfect home record last year has caused people to overrate their HFA. Look at all the home games they lost as a division winner in 2004. Last year they played a really soft schedule, luckboxed their way to a couple narrow wins vs. the only decent teams they played at home, then hit the gas in the playoffs when the Skins & Panthers were each playing about their 9th straight road games respectively. I don't understand why you'd want to lay more than a FG here, unless you're just convinced the Giants are exhausted after last week.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:45 PM

Agree with Chicago and Philly but don't think you can rule out the emotional factor for the Saints on Monday night and think it will be a very tough place for Atlanta to play.
I think the line is about right on the Bills/Jets game and made it a no play for my picks but can't disagree too strongly with you pick.
I like your parlay and wouldn't worry too much that both teams are on the road.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chi vs Min: I don't agree - Chicago has handily beaten two teams that they should handily beat this year, and Minnesota has gutted out two tough wins over teams they would have been expected to lose to. At this point, Chicago is the team that has to prove themselves to me, not Minnesota.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd expect Minnesota to lose to the Skins?
Old 09-21-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree with Chicago and Philly but don't think you can rule out the emotional factor for the Saints on Monday night and think it will be a very tough place for Atlanta to play.
I think the line is about right on the Bills/Jets game and made it a no play for my picks but can't disagree too strongly with you pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe someone can explain this to me because I am by no means an expert on New Orleans. Have they ever been pumped up about a football game? I just don't see them as a city that cares all that much about professional sports, or football in general.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe someone can explain this to me because I am by no means an expert on New Orleans. Have they ever been pumped up about a football game? I just don't see them as a city that cares all that much about professional sports, or football in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to sound corny, but I think this is one of those games that transcends football. Just my opinion, obviously, but I think it's going to be one of the biggest homefield advantages ever for a regular season game. It's the first home game for the Saints since Katrina so I think you will see one of the most inspired efforts you've ever seen from a football team. Who knows if that will be enough for them to win or even cover, but I think the atmosphere at the Superdome will be unreal. Those guys would probably steal from their own mothers to get the city a win in this spot. Ok, maybe not their mothers. But their aunts, definitely. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In week 1, (according to the NFL 3+1 week 1 thread) the Redskins were 4.5pt favorites over Minnesota, so yes, I'd consider that a game they should have lost.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:10 PM

I agree with all of your picks, and I have them all in some capacity except for the Jets/Bills game. I am not so sure that Chad Pennington has done anything to prove he will be a threat to other teams. He is a hot and cold player, and that is what he has shown thus far this season, even though he has had some flashes of brilliance. The Bills aren't a bad enough team to make this a good bet imo.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:01 PM

NO pumped about a game?

There may be other examples, but the most obvious is the way they beat a very good Carolina on the road last year after Katrina had made them "homeless", so to speak.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In week 1, (according to the NFL 3+1 week 1 thread) the Redskins were 4.5pt favorites over Minnesota, so yes, I'd consider that a game they should have lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at it right now, knowing what we know, can we really say that they showed us something in beating the Skins?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO pumped about a game?

There may be other examples, but the most obvious is the way they beat a very good Carolina on the road last year after Katrina had made them "homeless", so to speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about the hometown fans, not the players.