Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Q9s from the BB

PF I dont like the call. CO can't be stealing here sicne there are already limers, I fold. . . however after the first call you are obliged to call.

On the flop the pot is too big to protect even gutshots are getting odds to call your raise here, just call with your draws.

River, I would check/call/pray
Old 09-20-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF I dont like the call. CO can't be stealing here sicne there are already limers, I fold. . . however after the first call you are obliged to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to the CO raise is wrong for the same reasons as folding after the cap. You're getting 6:1 to call with 2 ways to win even excluding your marginal high card strength.

In BB with this action, with which hands would you prefer to call the CO raise?

A) middle pocket pair? 66 - 88?
B) small suited connector? 65s - T9s?
C) Big suited connector? JTs - Q9s?
D) Big offsuit cards? KTo - AJo?

I tried to pick hands that wouldn't be obvious/automatic raises.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:31 PM

*grunch*

I like pre, flop, and turn.

With the turn C/R by UTG+1 on a total blank, and given his aggression (weak) we have to be up against a set.

But the pot is huge. I am hoping to see a showdown for one or two bets.

I just check the river and hope it's not too expensive back to me. I suppose if it goes c/b/r, you "might" be able to fold to two bets not closing the action, but I doubt I would. Hopefully UTG+1 will bet, CO will call and I'd overcall for 1 bet getting 28:1.

nh.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:16 AM

I'm only calling pf when it's capped because I KNOW all of those other clowns are calling too (huge multi-way pot). Call the flop--your raise isn't chasing anyone out of this pot so you're not protecting your hand and this is NOT a value raise. If it's ever two back to me on the flop and I'm not closing the action, I'm folding. If I'm closing the action, I'd really have to think about calling. You can fold the turn when it's 2 back to you. CO is 23/11--What is he capping pf, what is he 3-betting the flop with? UTG+1'a AF is 0.5!!!! What is he capping the flop with?!? You have PAHUD for a reason--use it.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:41 AM

*grunch*

Flop, first time call is ok, second time call is bad for me as now im almost feeling like my club flush is going to be second best if i hit it, so i would lean toward not calling 2 bets here, but i dunno seems how i feel [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On the flop, this is the situation that is best avioded, especially out of the BB and being OOP against a field. This is a call and reeval on the turn card deal. Since you C/R here and got cold called in several places, now i REALLY don't like my hand. This would be a C/F for me on the turn UI, but the pot is HUGE so i would call along, thinking Q only for help.

River with the # of people I would probably just get to a showdown here cheaply as there are a ton of 2 pair/st8s and alot of action by alot of people that pushes me toward the passive end of the spectrum, but i might be wrong here.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:45 AM

I would have called PF once I put in a bet. On the flop I think unless we flop two pair, flush, straight, we are dominated here. You have to think with people capping the flop that JJ, QQ are out there.

UTG+1 has Jacks, CO has atleast AQ, AJ, QQ, JJ,
Old 09-21-2006, 09:04 AM

Thanks for all the responses!

It may still be up for debate, but personally I really don't like a fold anywhere in this hand.

After this discussion, I feel like I made two major mistakes in this hand.

The first mistake is the C/R on the flop. My thought at the time was that I might be able to fold out a couple of the donkeys for two bets, but alas this pot is too big to fold anyone.

The second mistake I believe is the worst one. I did indeed, as jrz1972 pointed out, donk the river, and I was called by both players. I am happy that I've learned something from this hand, because I understand why this was a mistake.

As it turned out though, my hand was good.