Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Re: KK UTG On Suited Paired Board

[ QUOTE ]
If he is holding a mid-pair, he may be convinced that he's beat when we 3-bet flop, and lead turn. We are also disappointing a flush draw by calling flop raise & leading turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

right ... forgot about the possible free card attempt

wouldn't the stop and go say AK ... and if/when he has a smaller pair, would fold? ... would you not prefer this guy to bluff at you with the ace on the board (and either c/c ... or c/r - maybe a c/r is stupid, I don't know)

Actually now I think I might go into c/c mode ... and donk a non-club river (pot is a little large on the turn)
Old 09-17-2006, 10:40 PM

.....folds here.

Flop is ok but now your A of clubs on your apparent FD somewhere has just come in. There's just not much that you are beating here.

If turn and river are non As and a Non Clubs i would call this down in most spots.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he is holding a mid-pair, he may be convinced that he's beat when we 3-bet flop, and lead turn. We are also disappointing a flush draw by calling flop raise & leading turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't the stop and go say AK ... and if/when he has a smaller pair, would fold? ... would you not prefer this guy to bluff at you with the ace on the board (and either c/c ... or c/r - maybe a c/r is stupid, I don't know)

Actually now I think I might go into c/c mode ... and donk a non-club river (pot is a little large on the turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop Raise could be a FD or a Q that feels that we are calling along like most fish. (I will play a Q here in this spot if I know that villian can't let go of Ks or As [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) Once the A hits, Im done. Once a Club hits Im done. I don't see the point in 3 betting this as we are flooding a pot with what is now a marginal hand against alot of possible hands for the villian. Actually, I think that 3 betting the flop is giving you a better "price" to stay in a hand that is getting killed after the A hits the turn, which we don't want w/ our UI pair here.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop Raise could be a FD or a Q that feels that we are calling along like most fish. (I will play a Q here in this spot if I know that villian can't let go of Ks or As [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) Once the A hits, Im done. Once a Club hits Im done. I don't see the point in 3 betting this as we are flooding a pot with what is now a marginal hand against alot of possible hands for the villian. Actually, I think that 3 betting the flop is giving you a better "price" to stay in a hand that is getting killed after the A hits the turn, which we don't want w/ our UI pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds a little mubbs-ish ... villian can be raising way more hands than just Ace of clubs or a Queen
villian is unknown and at 0.50/1.00 ... I don't think you can default to any type of 'solid' player
Old 09-18-2006, 12:40 AM

definitely 3bet flop and it plays differently

bbb