Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 06:14 PM

Default KK UTG On Suited Paired Board

Recently joined table, no reads. The table seems looser than average, as is evidenced by the pre-flop cold-calls.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero ???

In hindsight, I think it would have been a good idea to lead the flop and fold to a 3-bet. However, as played, how do you proceed?

Also, should I have 3-bet the flop, called a cap, then check/fold the turn?
Old 09-16-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Re: KK UTG On Suited Paired Board

I'd probably 3-bet the flop and get cranky on the turn, unless you want to pay to find out if button is an idiot you can probably let this go on the turn.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:51 PM

Hero folds sadly and thinks his kings are cracked. You probably have 2 outs. Unless villain is on a total bluff. There will be better hands to let your Kings shine. Reads can change everything.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:53 PM

I play the flop the same way. Fold the turn.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:52 PM

I probably threebet the flop because A5s takes a stab here and a small pair might also have a go. If he caps, I can let it go right there.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Recently joined table, no reads. The table seems looser than average, as is evidenced by the pre-flop cold-calls.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero ???

In hindsight, I think it would have been a good idea to lead the flop and fold to a 3-bet. However, as played, how do you proceed?

Also, should I have 3-bet the flop, called a cap, then check/fold the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
I three-bet the flop.

If he caps, w/o a read I am c/f the turn. If he calls, I am leading the turn and likely seeing showdown. AQo, KQo, QJs, QTs are all reasonable possibilities, but so are two clubts. As played, when he bets into the turn ace, I fold, even if it is just a scared semibluff on his part.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:55 PM

as the flop paired many players with raise you continuation bet here with a small-mid pair ... I would 3bet here and if he CAPs - maybe punch the wall, or something

the flop sucks for you ... but I would probably bet/fold here - as your play would indicate AK

edit: forgot that an aggressive player would also raise your flop bet with a club draw too.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:10 PM

I don't see the point of 3-betting flop. After a 3-bet, a worse hand is folding on the turn, and we are getting pummelled by a better hand.

I think we can bet/fold the turn.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point of 3-betting flop. After a 3-bet, a worse hand is folding on the turn, and we are getting pummelled by a better hand.

I think we can bet/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzz: I'm tyring to tackle this concept right now ... doesn't your turn suggestion go against this concept (what has changed?)
Old 09-17-2006, 08:46 PM

If he is holding a mid-pair, he may be convinced that he's beat when we 3-bet flop, and lead turn. We are also disappointing a flush draw by calling flop raise &amp; leading turn.