Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 12:50 PM

Default Re: AA big pot - 200NL

Let's say I reraise pre-flop to $60 we have now created a situation where our horrible went from a folding frequency of 0% to a folding frequency much closer to 50%. I don't think I really want this guy to fold pre-flop which he is likely to do if I make a big four bet. That is why I only made it 35. Looking at it now I know I should raise a bit more but that is why I only made it 35. I wanted to see a flop against this guy.

I don't really understand calling the flop on that board. There are a lot of draws and his $60 bet doesn't tell me much. I know you guys think it does but he really could have a huge range there. He could have any pair, especially any king, a set, a draw, and I've seen him make similar bets on similar boards with nothing but a draw. Also, he would often follow up with an all in overbet later in the hand at some point.

I don't like calling the flop.

Now, thinking about it, and knowing his hand, the only play I can make on the flop that ensures he makes a mistake is to move all in. He had an open ended and even if I go to $240 on the flop he would be getting good enough odds to call, based on the fact he would be getting the rest of my stack if he hits. I may be wrong on this point.

I think, the way I played it pre-flop, I should move in on this flop against this donkey. I would appreciate some more thoughts on this if anyone has some.