Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Has anybody totally turned off their chat online?

My chat is set to Dealer:Normal or something like that so if someone chats I pretty much never notice it. The reason I have it like that is because Poker Office needs the Dealer Chat information to show everything. At first I didn't like it that way but now it's really nice to not see all the whining and berating.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like using the chat. I like when two idiots get an argument about strategy because someone drew out and they completely give away the type of player they are. Its great to throw out inane comments as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep it on for the same reason. I love when a fight breaks out. I almost never type anything, unless someone calls me out for bad play. Even then, I don't talk strategy - why should I give them free info? I just egg them on a bit. I usually try to keep it pretty light-hearted, but if they get really mad at me, their focus shifts from playing good poker to busting me, which works in my favor.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:01 AM

I agree with you Justin, 100%.

I found myself unable to stop myself from 'checking' the chat every now and then, and, worse, gettting involved myself. It DEFINITELY affected my play. So, I worte paradise and asked them to revoke my chat privileges. Now, i can see what others say (if i want to), but am unable to speak.

It has DEFINITELY made me more focused and less tilt-y.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:44 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

pacific poker, you have to open the chat window and now I never open it unless playing O/8. I am not quick enough to read all the hands if the pot is split amoung more than two players.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you Justin, 100%.

I found myself unable to stop myself from 'checking' the chat every now and then, and, worse, gettting involved myself. It DEFINITELY affected my play. So, I worte paradise and asked them to revoke my chat privileges. Now, i can see what others say (if i want to), but am unable to speak.

It has DEFINITELY made me more focused and less tilt-y.

[/ QUOTE ]

You Pussy! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you want your chat disabled, you should just have tried to earn it. You could have made bets with people on how long it would take you to get your chat revoked.