Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Black Aces

Aren't the big draws on the flop making money from your raise as well? Hands like flush draws and OESD's are extremely happy when you raise here. I think the turn C/R is nice.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:07 PM

17:1 you face with turn 3 Bet assuming the other caller calls. At this point if you assume AA is no good unless you spike another A you don't have the odds even if both pay 2 to see the showdown when you hit. Are your really going to fold the rivere for a single bet where you are getting 20:1?

What did he open limp in with from early position that has you beat? I would put him on AJ,JTs,KQo,KJs,KTs,QJs,QTo,99,98s. Is it possible he is overplaying a draw? Not likley given his stats but possible given my starting hand range.
I probably would of likely played it exactly as you did.

Not raising this turn seems way to weak but then what?
Old 01-26-2006, 05:54 PM

The problem is that with this flop, his range covers monster draws (K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to monster made hands (JJ, TT) to strong made hands with potential draws (JTs, A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]). We don't like any of the above at all, but there is chance he also has a weaker hand with only a SD (ie. KQs, non-[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]), non-ace FD (K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] etc.) or even a ruined hand like AQs non-[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

His raise isn't making anyone leave this game, so we must assume it is for value. The key is we don't really learn anything about his range we didn't already know.

On the turn when he bets again it doesn't really narrow his range that much - is quite likely that he has now improved to a full house, trips, two-pair top kicker; but even if he hasn't he may hate to see this street checked through, especially with BB playing. He has no reason to believe you have a very strong like TT or JJ after you failed to 3-bet the flop, so the only thing we know is that he does not want this street checked through - which again doesn't narrow his range a great deal. He will probably 3-bet to your raise, and he does. I don't know if this raise is correct or not. Maybe BB is drawing to something UTG crushes often enough for this to have enough value. Still, we are almost certainly beaten or against a Very strong draw when UTG and BB's ranges and actions are combined.

So, on this turn, With this level of uncertainty, I tend to let BB play cheaply as when I am beaten because I think it is a BIG mistake to raise here when behind, and only a small one to let BB play cheaply when ahead; we may be pushing BB off draw that UTG dominates, which we obviosuly don't want to do as UTG is NOT FOLDING EVER anyway. We may be letting him play with a different draw, but I don't think we have much choice here. However, I think this situation sucks to be in whatever you do.

On the river you almost certainly beaten. It's not quite as bad as K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but it's pretty awful. A crying call is necessary for sanity (if BB folds you will break your computer).
Old 01-26-2006, 06:46 PM

Very nice. I played this hand poorly. Raising the turn was poor. It should be an overcall at most, with a likely fold.

What I was thinking about was that there are draws out there but I can't do anything about them, wait until the turn. I hesitated before betting, but stuck w/ my plan from the flop. I should have folded to the reraise. TAG had 44. ouch. BB had a ten. Not only was my hand no good, it was the worse hand.

This was one of the times last night where the speed of several tables was too much, and I spewing a bet. I'm glad I played better the rest of the night.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should my turn line be raise/fold to 3 bet or should I go wa/wb?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does "wa/wb" mean? (Sorry, I'm new.) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]