Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 03:34 AM

Default Black Aces

I don't mean to flood the board, I'm just trying to post two hands after each session. Only seven players at table.

UTG+1 is 17/9/2.8 after only 34 hands.
BB is 14/8/1.2 after 130.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (18 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 01-26-2006, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Black Aces

3 bet the flop and face the field with 2 more bets.

blake
Old 01-26-2006, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet the flop and face the field with 2 more bets.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. You _might_ be against two pair JT but you probably have the best hand.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:37 PM

If I three bet I face the field w/ 8-1 odds. If I wait for the turn I face the field with 5-1, which is what I was thinking at the time. However, that turn wasn't great. I went ahead and c/r anyway though.

I am not sure the turn c/r was good considering what fell, but I still think this is a good time to wait for the turn to raise. If I am wrong I need some convincing.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:43 PM

I'd 3 bet this flop.
Turn is tough.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:45 PM

As played, why are you calling the turn threebet? UTG is threebetting after the board paired into a raiser and a cold caller.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, why are you calling the turn threebet? UTG is threebetting after the board paired into a raiser and a cold caller.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the best response so far. What am I really interested in now is the turn play. UTG is a TAG who limped and is now showing tremendous strength. Should my turn line be raise/fold to 3 bet or should I go wa/wb? How does BB in the middle factor into this decision?
Old 01-26-2006, 03:56 PM

I think the reraise on the flop is a better line. Sure they still have great odds on straight and flush draws, but it make the odds worse for someone calling with a 10 or a lower pocket pair.

I would slow down on the turn. Let's say I had reraised on the flop and it's checked to me on the turn. If I am raised again, I am just calling.

When the diamond falls on the river, I may not even call the last bet if there is already a caller in front of me.

As it turned out, the pot's probably too big to fold now.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:07 PM

First of all, you didn't check raise the turn, your the button.

Secondly, the reason you should three bet the flop is because of the small and big blind. The pot is already big and you don't want them drawing, so three bet and make them pay two bets.

If UTG caps, then call down. If he calls, then bet turn.

Peace

Goodie
Old 01-26-2006, 04:14 PM

Sorry, the c/r was not what I meant. I was just thinking that my flop raise won't do much, and that since the bettor is to my right I can pop him and face whoever is left w/ worse odds.