Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Mr WSEX GM, et al, A SOLUTION

[ QUOTE ]
I think having the biggest player base in the industry would make them well over what they would pay out in fees.

[/ QUOTE ]

How? The poker room is a loss leader. More poker players added means more costs. WPX puts money into various promos (like Aces Cracked) and they guarantee payouts for many tournies, including free rolls. Please explain how more poker players makes them any money if those poker players aren't betting sports.

[ QUOTE ]
And from what I understand they will not always be rake free.

[/ QUOTE ]

From whom did you hear this. WPX has not made that claim as far as I've read.

[ QUOTE ]
I still think they should have charged rake from the get go, maybe give back 80 or 90%, and put the rest into marketing and software development.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're letting us play poker for FREE and yet certain 2+2 types think they should be charging. FREE is the attraction. They can run the software and graphics equivalent of a burlap sack for all I care. Marketing has been decent. I'm not sure you want a raft of new players when clearly WPX is still working out some bugs.

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is the site would be much bigger then it is now. What was their last stat, 8,000,000 in RB? that means they could have given out 80,000 free $50 bankrolls and put 400,000 into software developement by keeping just 10%. Wouldn't that make everyone more money in the end anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Making me more money is letting me play on the site for FREE. Financing poker oriented bonus whores doesn't really help a sports book. The software is decent.

[ QUOTE ]
If anything they should implement inter-account transfers. I'm sure a collective of winning 2p2ers would shell out 10% of their RB to roll random players on wpex.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is against Aruban law to allow these transfers.

Finally, I wonder how many of those who are chiming in about all these "improvements" actually have bet on sports there.

Perhaps an invite only freeroll for the sports bettors would be a good promo. That's the sort of marketing dollar which may actually generate revenue--at the sports book.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone listen to yvesaint he knows what the desperate forum attention seekers want because he is one himself

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2006, 06:35 AM

Tuff Fish, you misread my post.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:13 PM

Very simple.

What they are doing now is useful if you want to read your hands and evaluate your own play as a learning or hand review tool. It is not useful (apparently) to the electronic poker bunch.

When they add names, or PT etc learn to screenscrape to facilitate HUDs, datamining, etc, I go back to Paradise.

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]