Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Online poker farms

just write a couple of bots....... or not.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:46 PM

winholdem
[ QUOTE ]
Well I've made a bundle in the last couple months playing poker and this idea comes back to me. I am 22 and like most people my age know a ton of people my age who play alot of video games and would probably with the right training be good multitablers following a basic, nit like strategy. If I could train people to beat the games for $40/hr (8 tabling that is 5$/hr/table easy to do at $3/$6 limit or $.5/$1 nl) I would be making half of that ($20/hr). Have 5 working at a time and that's $100 an hour gross right. So here's what you do...

Have 5 computers with sick monitor set up. Provide a week or so of solid 8 hours a day training. Have a 'manager' who overseas all their play, giving advice, making sure they don't tilt, analysing their PT databases, etc. They would all play at different sites to prevent any sort of problems with collusion. I could be the manager or I know a guy who would be good for it.

I'm thinking costs would be minimal; I could run it out of my apartment. So we've got the initial start up costs (computers, monitors, software). Since online poker can be run off relatively crappy computers the equipment wouldn't cost that much. I think it really wouldn't be too hard to train someone to play like a nit at full ring, and the games are definitely beatable by a nit. What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-11-2006, 06:06 AM

Roughly 400,000 people have come up with this idea and posted it on 2+2. It won't work, for the reasons mentioned already.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Roughly 400,000 people have come up with this idea and posted it on 2+2. It won't work, for the reasons mentioned already.

[/ QUOTE ]

400 K, really? Some links please as I don't believe anyone has mentioned this before.

To the OP, dude, Wholdem.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You would make money by having them sign up and deposit at 2-3 sites using your affiliate code/links. Tutoring them would then make you a little money. If they can win, there is potential for long term revenue. At some point you would also want to teach them a little about bonuses and give them a list of sites, bonuses, and bonus codes. This would increase the chances of you receiving revenue from whatever site they end up staying at.

The tutoring model has only a little short term profit, but has long tern potential. It depends on if you can find enough people that have at least some motivation to win and you are a decent teacher.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually the guys at pokerstrategy.de have a similar model implemented.

you have to signup at party using their affiliate code, then they provide you with access to their site (forum, articles, videos and such) and transfer you some bucks to get you started in real money.

they just need a small percentage of their members becoming successful players to earn lots of green through rakeback.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:00 AM

How could you even begin to think that people would not want to make more money on their own after you teach them a skill set? This isn't like teaching someone graphic design and then they have to drum up work and clients. All they need to do is sign up online and look for alright tables, which you would teach them.

What are you missing? You have to be kidding. This lack of foresight could be a serious pitfall in business. Only think I can commend is you chose to post here and get the idea criticized.