Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 01:32 AM

Default Re: OOT: How did your summer workout/health goals turn out?

My goal was to buy an 88 pound kettlebell, and I just did!
Old 09-09-2006, 01:37 AM

I used to be a relatively competitive cyclist a few years ago. I weighed about 140-145 which was a little low for me, but it was cycling. When I went home for Easter and after a few days of stuffing myself with food like crazy, I weighted myself out of curiosity and weighed in at 178. Had a decent sized gut, no cardio, and felt pretty weak in general.

So... a month or two later I joined a local soccer pickup game for 2-3x/week. A little later I cut all the junk out of my diet. And finally I started to monitor my caloric intake to make sure I'm running a deficit.

Today, I'm down to 158 or so. My cario is 10x better. I feel better. I am looking to join a Gym here in DC but they're all expensive and trendy with little free weight offerings. This isn't the greatest success story and I have alot to work on, but it's progress.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:59 AM

My summer workout goals turned out surprisingly well. I joined the YMCA in mid May, weighing about 200lbs or so (fat, sloppy goo). Basically, got on a program, started eating better, and dropped like 30lbs (I fluctuate between 165-170). Anyways, feeling pretty good, getting strong, and now have just gone 2 weeks w/o a cigarette. This may not seem like much, but I smoked like a pack and a half a day for 15 years, so I'm pretty amazed I'm doing it. Even got laid by the girl of my dreams over the summer. (I had to put in some serious hours on that one, however.) She's in Paris right now, and I fear it's over anyways, but it was fun while it lasted. So, overall, turned out well, and it's only gonna get better, beyotch!
Old 09-09-2006, 02:01 AM

i just lost all respect for whiz. what a flamer.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I used to be a relatively competitive cyclist a few years ago. I weighed about 140-145 which was a little low for me, but it was cycling. When I went home for Easter and after a few days of stuffing myself with food like crazy, I weighted myself out of curiosity and weighed in at 178. Had a decent sized gut, no cardio, and felt pretty weak in general.

So... a month or two later I joined a local soccer pickup game for 2-3x/week. A little later I cut all the junk out of my diet. And finally I started to monitor my caloric intake to make sure I'm running a deficit.

Today, I'm down to 158 or so. My cario is 10x better. I feel better. I am looking to join a Gym here in DC but they're all expensive and trendy with little free weight offerings. This isn't the greatest success story and I have alot to work on, but it's progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, don't sell yourself short! That's a lot of progress. 20 pounds lighter, in better shape, and feeling better is something probably half of American adults would be thrilled with.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:11 AM

overall - pretty good -

I'm down to 192 from a high of 205 or 210 from the beginning of the summer - and that was on top of a 10 pound drop from when I quit drinking - 192 is pretty good and looks fine when you're 6'3"

no muscle, but the gut is gone - I was getting sick of not being able to wear a "L" t-shirt - I had to keep getting XL -

rb
Old 09-09-2006, 02:12 AM

Before summer: 250 lbs, lifted a lot. Perfect weight for me would be ~200. Dieted heavily, lots of cardio, lost 30 lbs. Will try to find before and after pics, am drunk now tho.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:17 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-09-2006, 02:19 AM

Btw whiz, what's with your second pic [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2006, 02:31 AM

Then.

Now.

This pink/blue shirt got me ass that night, btw.