Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 01:36 AM

Default Re: 6M Bottom Set 3-way Pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think SB IS donkish enough to come along with TP or maybe a pair + draw hand. I think I am at least close against BB's range, but SB could easily come along here drawing dead or close to dead.

Does anyone think I should be giving serious thought to folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. You can't fold this -- not if you think SB is coming along for the ride. At worst, you're committing another $45 to potentially win about $55, but if SB comes along all-in your potential win will be about $90. Even against a made straight, you're going to win one time in three (break-even on a push), and if villain happens to be semi-bluffing with a hand like TT or T9, you're golden.

Smooth-call to try and keep SB in the hand. If SB calls, you're pot-committed. If SB folds, push the turn if BB checks (semibluff) but call a bet only if you've got proper odds to continue (assuming villain is pot-committed and your implied odds include his entire stack).

[/ QUOTE ]

OK glad to see someone agrees with me about calling the flop. I think folding here vs an agressive player is bad, because I think T9, TT, other random pair+FD and two pair hands are doing this as well.

I called, and SB shoved!! and then BB called, then I called getting like a billion to one odds. BB had 89, SB J8 (lol), turn blank, river 9, and I am sad.