Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Stats post for 27,080 hands at .5/$1 (full ring)

Here are some of my recent stats, I posted these in the microlimit forum (before I knew about this thread) and most people have pointed out i have pretty major agression issues so i will work on that. I do have SSH and have read it many many times. Hopefully my next 25k hands will show better results. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: **Official microlimit stats thread** stats posts and questions go

This is my 6-Max stats on Party/Skins, I also have about 4.5K hands of 6-Max on Crypto which runs about 7.7BB/100, but I don't know how to combine those with my 6-Max stats. Any comments are welcome. One thing I have in mind is do I check-raise too much?

Old 10-19-2005, 07:14 PM

Your c/r stat is rather high. I'd critically look at some spots, especially on the flop, where you should be betting out instead (especially if there is not a preflop raiser). Or do you c/r a lot of flops after defending your blinds, even those you miss?

Your VPIP is somewhat high relative to your PFR. This is likely due to defending your blinds staunchly. This is particularly true in the SB. You might be cool calling some raises where you should be 3betting or folding. You defend your BB quite a bit, too. This is not inherently bad, but you have to know what you're doing.

You're seeing a lot of showdowns, but your W$@SD stat is reasonable for this. However, you're almost certainly running quite hot. Be prepared for downswings.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:12 PM

Yes, I check-raise a lot in the blind defense, lots of times even when I miss the flop. Yes, I call a lot of raise in BB, instead of 3-bet. I still only 3-bet hands like AJo+ and 88+. I'm not quite sure what I should 3-bet in BB and what kind of benefit I would receive. Here's my position stats which might provide more information.

And yes, I do feel like I go to showdown too often, a while ago I made a post about folding to river bet stats, I folded to river bet 36% in 6Max, for the full-ring game that's 43% for me (went to SD: 35%, W$SD: 53%). Apparently I play a totally different game in 6-Max, is that a problem?

About downswing, yeah I had quite a few already, my first 10K in 6-Max was at 4.3BB, after a couple of 100BB+ downswing as well as the split of party and skins I've tightened up quite a bit (24/15).
Old 10-21-2005, 09:31 AM

Default General PT Statistics Question - NC

I did some searching and couldn't find an answer to my question. I am trying to use the search function a lot more before posting and I am suprised that I haven't found anything on this. If someone does, please let me know what keyword(s) you used, so I can get a little better at using the search function.

My question is this; what is a correct winning sessions number in Poker Tracker? I am winning at almost 3BB/100 over 20000 hands, but the winning sessions has me worried. I am at less than 50% and SSHE and other books state that you should be able to crush the majority of these games (i believe). Obviously my win $'s are more than my loss $'s but my wins seem to be big and then many small losses take away from that (OK, sometimes they are big too).

Thank you for your time.

mitch
Old 10-21-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: General PT Statistics Question - NC

That stat is pretty much meaningless. I have a lot of small losing sessions simply because I sit down for an orbit, find out the table is too tight or i'm out of position relative to the loose players and leave.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:51 AM

I don't think you should worry too much about tables sessions. It's cliche, but true: "It's all one big session." If you are a winner (and you seem to be), then this could easily be just a statistical anomaly. Plus, as FlopMe mentioned, you could be sitting down for an orbit at bad tables and leaving. If this is not the case, I would still not worry about it. Seriously, this does not seem like something you should be sweating.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:01 AM

Thanks for the replies. I will have to go back and take a real look at my session to session stats. I am getting a little worried because lately, I seem to have a good night, win pretty big, then lose for several sessions in a row. I remember having several good runs and then having extended (500 - 1000 hands) losses. They are not big losses, just long slow bleeding, but that can add up.

Probably just human nature and remembering the "bad beats", so I will have to take a really good look. I am actually about to cross my 20K hand mark @ .5/1. I will post my stats for the last 10K when I get there and see what people think. I already know that I probably play about 1-2% too many hands, and need to work on my postflop agg some more.

I am mainly worried that I may just be getting lucky in big pots and have some real problems. But I am no where near the "long run" yet, so there is probably no way to be sure.

Thanks again,

mitch
Old 10-21-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Help!

Hello everyone. I don't post very much but I do read these forums religiously. My game is hurting. I relize my VPIP is too low, folding to steal too low, W$WSF too low, WtSD too low, W$SD too low, PRF too low...etc etc etc. I've been trying to open up my preflop requirments. I've also been trying to see the showdown more but when I do I'm usually beat in a pot I know I should have folded. Any suggestions?

Old 10-21-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Help!

Be more aggressive preflop. Dont openlimp from MP, raise instead. Don't be afraid to raise good drawing hands(JTS, Axs, PP) on the button with many limpers.