someone please explain this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BjT9aVbnX...ed&search=
Old 08-30-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Re: explain this linked card trick to me

[ QUOTE ]
someone please explain this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BjT9aVbnX...ed&search=

[/ QUOTE ]

The first parts of the trick deals with false counts and double and triple lifts. I'm not sure how he got the 4 Kings there though.

Nice trick, I gotta learn that.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:28 PM

the 4 card deck consists of 2h, Ts, Kd, Kc
He just reveals the two kings twice at the end.
All the moves can be picked up in this one and he even exposes one of his lifts
Old 09-01-2006, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the 4 card deck consists of 2h, Ts, Kd, Kc
He just reveals the two kings twice at the end.
All the moves can be picked up in this one and he even exposes one of his lifts

[/ QUOTE ]

I can do most of it now, except I don't understand what he does the first time he shows the tens. I could get it if it was a triple, then double lift, but then I don't understand how the last card is a T. Maybe there's some fast switching in there somewhere.

HAH as I wrote the post I rewatched it in slow motion and I got it. Time to practice.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:07 AM

I still don't quite get how the 4-card trick is done. could someone explain it in a little more detail?
Old 09-01-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't quite get how the 4-card trick is done. could someone explain it in a little more detail?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably pissing on every "magician" out there but whatever.

1. Take the 2 of hearts on the bottom, then do an elmsley shuffle making it look like you're putting it on the top when it's actually one from the top.

2. Do a double lift, to reveal the 2h and put the top card on the bottom, then regularly reveal the 2h again.

3. Place it third from the top, and do a triple lift revealing the 2h, then place the top card on the table. Do a double lift revealing the 2h, then place the top card on the bottom. Reveal the 2h regularly one last time.

4. Move the 2h and the card below to the bottom, then do a double lift revealing the 2h. Put the top card on the table again and reveal the 2h regularly.

5. Do a triple lift showing the Ts, do a double lift showing the Ts, and do a regular lift showing the Ts, as you put the Ts back on top of the last card switch their position as you "throw" them up to reveal the last card, which hopefully should now be the Ts.

6. Show all the Ts at the bottom but draw from the top.

7. Do a double lift from the bottom of the deck with the Kc and the 2h. Reveal the Kc and toss the 2h on the table. Do the same double lift with the Kd and the Ts, tossing the Ts on the table. Show the last remaining kings..

Someone correct me if I misunderstood something. I'm having major trouble switching the last Ts fast enough.

Enjoy
Old 09-01-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably pissing on every "magician" out there but whatever.

1. Take the 2 of hearts on the bottom, then do an elmsley shuffle making it look like you're putting it on the top when it's actually one from the top.

2. Do a double lift, to reveal the 2h and put the top card on the bottom, then regularly reveal the 2h again.

3. Place it third from the top, and do a triple lift revealing the 2h, then place the top card on the table. Do a double lift revealing the 2h, then place the top card on the bottom. Reveal the 2h regularly one last time.

4. Move the 2h and the card below to the bottom, then do a double lift revealing the 2h. Put the top card on the table again and reveal the 2h regularly.

5. Do a triple lift showing the Ts, do a double lift showing the Ts, and do a regular lift showing the Ts, as you put the Ts back on top of the last card switch their position as you "throw" them up to reveal the last card, which hopefully should now be the Ts.

6. Show all the Ts at the bottom but draw from the top.

7. Do a double lift from the bottom of the deck with the Kc and the 2h. Reveal the Kc and toss the 2h on the table. Do the same double lift with the Kd and the Ts, tossing the Ts on the table. Show the last remaining kings..

Someone correct me if I misunderstood something. I'm having major trouble switching the last Ts fast enough.

Enjoy

[/ QUOTE ]
You are correct. I personally would leave out Step 6. It's too easy to spot. To switch the last T seems to be the biggest challange on that trick.

Here is another trick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YZcM...=card%20tricks

I think he just drop them on his lap, but he is really good with his hands (except maybe the first card he deals out, there's where you can catch it).

So, who can explain this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pxDlUFfMEY&NR
Old 09-01-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, who can explain this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pxDlUFfMEY&NR

[/ QUOTE ]

The 6 and 7 he uses change from the beginning of the trick to the end. At first, it is 6h7d, but for the last part, it is 6d7h. The card under the monkey or whatever is one of the last two cards, not the jack. I have no idea how he does most of this trick, but I did catch that.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:44 PM

wow didn't kno there were so many magicians on 2p2, wondering if any of you guys have any percy diaconis material you are willing to trade, i have description by paul schosy (charlie miller student) of the charlie miller cascade pass
Old 09-01-2006, 01:53 PM

Magic is so 1.4.