Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: How do I win this pot? 10/20 Stud Hi

Bill,

Maybe you should point people in the direction of your blog. It might do a better job of explaining what you think of the 2+2 gang, since you appear to be so misunderstood. I think you have a lot of value to bring to the forum with your poker playing ability, but it seems to me that you have a lot to learn about how to react when people disagree with you.

As I said in another thread, you should consider listing the posters that you consider worthy enough to dialogue with you. The rest of us can then just stay out of your way. Otherwise these forums will continue to be polluted with sniping. I feel guilty with this post as it is, since it is another diversion from talking about real poker stuff.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bill,

Maybe you should point people in the direction of your blog. It might do a better job of explaining what you think of the 2+2 gang, since you appear to be so misunderstood. I think you have a lot of value to bring to the forum with your poker playing ability, but it seems to me that you have a lot to learn about how to react when people disagree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehh my blog is there for whoever wants to read it. I definitly have an easier time expressing my thoughts in it, and I do want to post more and become more comfortable with how things go in here.

and thank you for the compliment, I do care about becoming a better player and helping others along the way, but maybe b/c i care so much thats why i come off the wrong way??

[ QUOTE ]
As I said in another thread, you should consider listing the posters that you consider worthy enough to dialogue with you. The rest of us can then just stay out of your way.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not what i meant by that at all. you took me wrong. i meant i value in that their opinions are ones i really look up to, and guys ive seen play who just impress me bigtime. a few of them ive met and play/have played with, and a few ive just seen play. i didnt mean it like that, i think you can learn from everybody.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you serious?

this is an auto raise in this spot unless villain is a nutso and will defend the ante steals.

once he pops you then its time to reconsider, but raising initially is very standard and has an immedate value if you take down just the antes in this structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point I was trying to make is if you can't play marginal hands well you would be better off folding this hand in this tight ante structure.. Some players just aren't that adapt in how to play such a hand if someone re-raises or calls 3rd. If you're gonna make a bunch of mistakes later in the hand it does you no good to raise to try and pick up this pot..
Old 08-29-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you serious?

this is an auto raise in this spot unless villain is a nutso and will defend the ante steals.

once he pops you then its time to reconsider, but raising initially is very standard and has an immedate value if you take down just the antes in this structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point I was trying to make is if you can't play marginal hands well you would be better off folding this hand in this tight ante structure.. Some players just aren't that adapt in how to play such a hand if someone re-raises or calls 3rd. If you're gonna make a bunch of mistakes later in the hand it does you no good to raise to try and pick up this pot..

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I raised, called like a sucker, and folded on 4th. I lost money in the pot with my bad play, but I learned that I was making the wrong play when I realized that there was virtually no way for 4th street to fall that gave me a profitable situation other than making open Aces. The money I can win/save in later spots like this from what I learn by making mistakes will be more valuable than just avoiding a somewhat difficult situation.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're gonna make a bunch of mistakes later in the hand it does you no good to raise to try and pick up this pot..

[/ QUOTE ]

well.. thats a total different animal
Old 08-29-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I raised, called like a sucker, and folded on 4th. I lost money in the pot with my bad play, but I learned that I was making the wrong play when I realized that there was virtually no way for 4th street to fall that gave me a profitable situation other than making open Aces. The money I can win/save in later spots like this from what I learn by making mistakes will be more valuable than just avoiding a somewhat difficult situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely.

and think how much further ahead you are compared to a lot of the people that play the 10/20 HORSE games (from my observations).. thats what its all about.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:04 PM

Am I the only one that wants to see lstream and Bill settle this in an Ultimate Fighting matchup?

Perhaps as an undercard to MRBAA and Mike Emery?
Old 08-30-2006, 03:47 PM

I simply fold immediately. Continuing in a very small pot when you're virtually certain you're behind is not the way to make money in 7stud.

The one exception would be if the raiser were a maniac, then I retake the lead and see what comes.