Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Your worst recurring dream/nightmare?

Last night I was being hunted by the police, or something, and found myself in a steel mill. There were people throwing molten metal at me, and I was trying to dodge it. Sometimes I got hit, but it didn't seem to do much to me. But it hurt. A lot. All of these bastards could just grab the [censored] and throw it at me. I had to kill them all.

There was a really evil guy who had no arms or legs and was sealed in a golden sarcophagus sort of deal that was just big enough to fit him. I was trying to crack it so I could then throw him into some liquid metal and kill him.

I kept on running and running and was eventually confronted under a tree by 2 robotic female cops, and I had to shoot them both with the slingshot. Then the evil guy in the sarcophagus was there and was apparently a threat, but I can't remember how. The helicopter came, and I woke up.

~D
Old 10-16-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mine is that I forgot to do something. Usually, it's in school, and it's like 6 weeks into the semester, and I forgot to attend one of the classes at all - so I am running through the halls at full speed trying to get to the class as if every second matters now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have college nightmares, even though I graduated 27 years ago. One is similar to yours: I realize halfway into the semester that I haven't been attending one or more classes. Another is that it's the first day of the semester, and I lost my class schedule, and have no idea which classes I'm supposed to be attending.

[/ QUOTE ]

I graduated about 5 years ago, and I still have these nightmares. Some of them have me in University, some of them have me in high school. They're always the same -- I'm writing a final exam and haven't attended any of the classes. It's funny that in none of my dreams do I question *why* I'm still in University or high school. I just seem to accept the fact that I'm in school and start to freak out that I'm going to fail.

Another recurring dream is where I can fly by flapping my arms. This is loads of fun until I eventually lose the power of flight and come crashing to the ground. I always wake up as I'm falling.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine is getting into fights, and suddenly becoming a big pussy. I'll throw punches, and it feels like my arm is being held back, or I completely miss the guy's face.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was hilarious

My nightmare is I'm responsible for organizing some huge event in front of a bunch of people and for some dumb reason I completely fail to get anything ready on time and then I have to explain myself and it's all very awkward

My other one is all my teeth become loose and then start to come out one by one and no one cares
Old 10-16-2005, 08:20 PM

The only one I've had, and not since college now, is basically a nuclear holocaust dream. Always the same dream sequence, but updated to wherever I am living and with a different woman. It always ends badly and even though I know it is a dream is terrifying.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My other one is all my teeth become loose and then start to come out one by one and no one cares

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh...I have the teeth falling out one too. They never are loose for any good reason, either...they just start falling out all on their own. It's usually the back ones, too.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is really weird, but I keep having dreams where I am doing something completely normal, like walking outside somewhere, but I am walking through a lot of dust and my shoes just get really dusty and it pisses me off. Thats the whole dream.
I've had it several times and I always wake up pissed off. I hate getting new shoes dusty.

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst part is when you wake up and your shoes really are covered in dust, but weren't before you went to sleep. And then the evening news has a story about some deranged night stalker.

I hate that.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine is getting into fights, and suddenly becoming a big pussy. I'll throw punches, and it feels like my arm is being held back, or I completely miss the guy's face. If I do land a punch it's so weak they just laugh in my face. It's got to be the most frustrating dream ever, and I have the same one once or twice a month (probably more often, but I just can't remember dreams that well).

What's yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had ones like that here and there, but usually it's about just being afraid, not actually fighting and losing.

The other is trying to communicate with someone, sometimes a woman I want(often seemingly made up at random by my mind -- it's a face I don't even know), and sometimes a member of my family. There's a great desire to communicate there, but it doesn't happen. One of us or both are mute, and there's a really palpable, visceral feeling of disappointment in the air. Even when the ability to speak is neither of our fault, there's always something in it that comes down to basically feeling like it's my fault.

Both about impotence, and the first one at least also about cowardice, the second one, sometimes so. They make me feel awful when I wake up, ashamed and depressed. They're very rare, thank goodness. They can leave a huge emotional hangover that lasts all day.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lucidly staying in a dream is fu*king way cool. It doesn't happen that often, unfortunately.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens a lot to me. I can very often change the direction of dreams, and also very often feel like I'm sitting back and observing them like an outsider, watching a movie or something. Strangely enough, I can often feel all the feelings of participating in them at their full intensity, even while knowing full well they're dreams and even having control over them.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is really weird, but I keep having dreams where I am doing something completely normal, like walking outside somewhere, but I am walking through a lot of dust and my shoes just get really dusty and it pisses me off. Thats the whole dream.
I've had it several times and I always wake up pissed off. I hate getting new shoes dusty.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, because I hate the look of brand new shoes. The first thing I do when I buy a new pair of shoes, is take them outside and rub them all in the dirt and try to scuff them up.

Of course I don't have to do that too often, because I've been wearing the same pair of Stan Smiths for almost eight years now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, your waking life is stranger than your dreams. You don't like new stuff? Hell, I can hardly keep myself from sniffing new books and wearing a new tie to bed. And I'm heartbroken when a book gets a dinged corner.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stuffed down a hole in the ground, legs and butt sticking out.
Arms pinned to my sides so my hands are actually out of the hole, but I've not no leverage, so can't actually get myself out.

I wriggle, and the loose earth clogs up my nose and mouth, and I can't breathe, and the air is running out anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yow, that's disturbing.