Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Your worst recurring dream/nightmare?

Mine is getting into fights, and suddenly becoming a big pussy. I'll throw punches, and it feels like my arm is being held back, or I completely miss the guy's face. If I do land a punch it's so weak they just laugh in my face. It's got to be the most frustrating dream ever, and I have the same one once or twice a month (probably more often, but I just can't remember dreams that well).

What's yours?
Old 10-16-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Your worst recurring dream/nightmare?

Dreams where I'm running but I'm moving in slo-mo. I'm even talking in slo-mo.

Sucks.

I also had nightmares about a squirrel who's head I accidentally cracked open with a croquet ball when I was a yout'. Those went away, though. Now they're just burned into my psyche forever......
Old 10-16-2005, 12:32 PM

Lucidly staying in a dream is fu*king way cool. It doesn't happen that often, unfortunately.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Post deleted by Cola

Old 10-16-2005, 12:38 PM

I have a few reoccurring dreams. The ones mentioned about not being able to run at full speed or not being able to punch with full force, are of course a given.

My big one is seeing a plane crash. About once a month I dream about being a witness to a huge plane crashing down and burning. It's always different locations or scenarios, but every time I see a plane in a dream, I somehow know it's going to crash. So I just keep watching it, until it eventually goes down.

Once, I was actually in the plane as it crashed, but I could still somehow see it from the outside.

I also have a common dream that I am driving drunk. Even if in my dream I had not been drinking, when I get behind the wheel, I cannot see straight, or keep the car from swerving. I always end up crashing off the road.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is really weird, but I keep having dreams where I am doing something completely normal, like walking outside somewhere, but I am walking through a lot of dust and my shoes just get really dusty and it pisses me off. Thats the whole dream.
I've had it several times and I always wake up pissed off. I hate getting new shoes dusty.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, because I hate the look of brand new shoes. The first thing I do when I buy a new pair of shoes, is take them outside and rub them all in the dirt and try to scuff them up.

Of course I don't have to do that too often, because I've been wearing the same pair of Stan Smiths for almost eight years now.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:48 PM

I have alot of dreams where I'm driving but the wheel or the break pedal is not very responsive so I end up riding the guardrail or parking on the lawn and stuff.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:51 PM

I dream that it's the end of the world a lot.. aliens, an asteroid, the sun going out, etc. sort of terrifying. every once in a while I get to fly an x-wing and save everyone though. those dreams are pretty awesome.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:00 PM

I have a recurring dream/nightmare, where i'm sittin in a freedom chair, but it's a wheel chair, but my legs work! However, my arms DON'T. I sometimes sleep funny (on my shoulder or arms get caught under comforter)and my arms lose ciruclation-- so in my dreams i try and do basic tasks (play p*ker) and can't because i can reach the mouse... my arms are almost deformed like a mentally handcapped person's. Veyr frustrating...
Old 10-16-2005, 02:05 PM

Mine is that I forgot to do something. Usually, it's in school, and it's like 6 weeks into the semester, and I forgot to attend one of the classes at all - so I am running through the halls at full speed trying to get to the class as if every second matters now.