Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever cheated on LT g/f and not regretted it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"OP your friend is a giant douchebag"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-23-2006, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"OP your friend is a giant douchebag, or is actually you"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-23-2006, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cheated on my lt gf in college to f*ck a dude and I didn't regret it.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT??
Old 08-23-2006, 10:48 AM

I am not sure what direction this thread is trying to go.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:36 AM

ive never cheated on a girlfriend. ive dated many girls at the same time w/o their knowledge of each other but as soon as one became my girlfriend i broke it off w/ all others.

guilt would get to me and i couldn't completely open up w/ her if i was keeping something liek taht to myself.

Barron
Old 08-23-2006, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 - ... If the women you date understand that sex and relationship are seperate then you can tell them your banging other pussy on the side and don't have to worry about being caught. I think you are just trying to rationalize your cheating as being acceptable.

2 - your theory that we are animals meant to spread our seed is nothing more than your theory (and several others) but there is no more scientific proof of it than me saying that we are designed to have 1 mate for life, its in our DNA, its why we feel the emotions love and jealousy. You may feel free to hold this opinion/theory as true, but using it to justify cheating is bunk.

3 - My view in these threads always boil down to this : if you have to hide it, you shouldn't be doing it. Read guids posts about banging more than one girl at a time. I wouldn't take his approach, but from a "treat people kindly" standpoint I think what he does is totally fine (assuming that he really is as up front with the women as he states he is). From what I've read, he tells them "we bang, we're friends, that's it" and then they have a choice. Cheaters tell the woman "only you baby" and then get theirs on the side and it ends up causing a lot of pain. That sucks!

4 - OP, your friend is a giant douche.

FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the most intelligent posts I've ever read on 2+2. People try to rationalize doing what they want to do in a vain attempt to justify it, but the truth is that they're lying to themselves and risking the devastation of another person's feelings because of their selfishness.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bill Clinton risked the [censored] presidency for a blow job - what does that tell you?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG you're right! If Bill Clinton is doing it, it must be OK. Thank you for opening my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]
The example was to show that someone would be willing to throw away something so important to him, something he worked his whole life for, the "top job", for a little oral action. With so much on the line, he chose sex. What rational person would? That's how powerful our natural urges are, and that was my point.

In future, please try not to be a complete retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

alchoholics and drug abusers do the same thing. This should be acceptable?

~FishNChips
Old 08-23-2006, 12:51 PM

GusMahler:
[ QUOTE ]
It depends on the meaning of cheat, I guess.

I know of several married couples where they got together when one of them was married to another person. They don't consider it "cheating" because they found their "true love" or were in a bad marriage. But I'm sure the jilted former spouse considered it cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your friends that don’t consider it cheating are rationalizing. They promised to be monogamous. They weren’t. It is cheating.

DaveG.
[ QUOTE ]
I've always been brought up thinking that "cheating is wrong", however, I've been working very hard at reversing two and a half decades of faulty social conditioning.

The way I see it: multiple sexual partners is the most natural state for a male. So many people wouldn't jeopardize so much by failing to live up to societies ridiculous demands by doing it if it weren't. Bill Clinton risked the [censored] presidency for a blow job - what does that tell you?

Women on the other hand are more naturally suited to a single sexual partner, because they get the arduous task of actually giving birth to any child that results from it. This is a significant investment on her part.

The reason "cheating" has such a negative conotation is that society agrees with the females point of view of reproduction, and they drill it into our heads at every single [censored] opportunity they can. That's it.

I've decided not to feel bad for my natural impulses. I can't change them, so I'll just roll with it instead. I don't see how happiness could possibly come from constantly waging an internal war with yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally disagree with your theory in bold above. However, I’m not trying to tell you not to have as many partners as you possibly can. Go for it. Just have the decency to be totally up front and honest with the women. Never tell them that you love them and never get into a monogamous relationship.
The reason “cheating” has such a negative connotation is that it is lying to another person. It is completely breaking the trust that the other person has in you and it is completely selfish.
I’m not asking you to wage war within yourself. I’m just asking that you not tell the women you are with lies about what is going on. If the women choose to [censored] you while they are aware that you are at the very least attempting to [censored] other women that is their choice. But it is a choice that they should have.

FoldEqu1ty:
[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ rationalizing being too weak and petulant to get what you crave by dismissing the solid arguments of those who are not

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously? This is the most self-indulgent, juvenile, arrogant, and stupid post I’ve seen on OOT in a long long time. No one has made a “solid argument” that “multiple sexual partners is the most natural state for a male.” Several posters have stated the theory or alluded to “10,000 years of evolution” as a justification for cheating, but no one has made a solid argument for it. “I crave it, therefore it must be natural and therefore it must be right!” is not a solid argument.
Once again, I’m not saying to anyone “dude, you should just be with one woman.” What I’m saying (and what several others who have argued that cheating sucks ass have said) is “cheating” sucks ass because the woman doesn’t get a choice, she’s being lied to, and to women (and to many men) it is the most intimate trust there is and that trust is being betrayed and it is incredibly painful. It sucks ass to put another person through that. If you’re not going to be monogamous don’t make promises (implied in the gf/bf relationship, stated in a marriage) that you will be.

Tuq:
[ QUOTE ]
glengarry,

Have you ever wondered why most women are always trying to "lock down" a guy, and most guys are busy trying to spread their seed far and wide a la Shawn Kemp, and ever consider that these two things may have something to do with nature?

Also, what are your feelings regarding global warming?

[/ QUOTE ]
You’re bringing Shawn Kemp into this argument doesn’t really help you. Here’s a guy with no personal responsibility. He had to be hunted down and sued for child support and is pretty much the poster boy for “dead beat dad.” I’m not sure he’s the guy you want to use in this argument. But, whatever.
Your question about global warming is quite charming. If I don’t believe that “men are designed to spread their seed and women are designed to lock men down” then I’m an idiot and I must not believe that global warming exists. Clever.
I applaud Your attempts to court Tennenbaum though! Excellent work!

CharlieDontSurf:
[ QUOTE ]
2 major cheats/affairs for me I'd say, one nighters or spur of the moment doesn’t really count.

sophomore year steady gf-1 year...started regularly sleeping with her ynger sister who was a junior in h.s.

senior year and after grad in college slept my my gf's roommate pretty regularly...sometimes would even leave late at night to "go home" n then go into her roommates room instead

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you ever tell your SO about the one nighters/spur of the moment hook ups? No? Why not? Because IT IS [censored] CHEATING! Because it is a betrayal of the trust your SO put in you and a failure to uphold your promise of monogamy. Now, if you told your SO “honey, I might bang another chick from time to time, but it will only be one night type things and it won’t have any emotion tied to it. I hope you can understand that it’s the natural order of things and I’m just being a man and I can tell you about them if you want or I can keep them secret, its up to you, but you need to know that this might happen from time to time,” and she was OK with that then its not cheating.

You were nailing your gf’s H.S. sister! Did you get with the mom too? Any 3-some action ever? 4-some? I'm sure your friends all thought you were King Studly for this "acheivement."
You would leave your gf’s room, pretend to go home and then bang her roommate. Wow! Just Wow!

Vavavoom:
[ QUOTE ]
I have never cheated on my g/friend but have on many many occasions been with a girl with a boyfriend/fiancé or even husband...

I don't believe I would cheat when in a long-term relationship or marriage but never say never...i hope I don't get the urge but whilst I'm single I will go with any girl that is attractive and shows an interest in ME...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don’t’ kid yourself, you’ll cheat when your married. You’ll get the urge when you’re married. You’ll follow that urge. It will end badly.

~FishNChips
Old 08-23-2006, 01:12 PM

Depends on the skill of your friend.

I have been with my GF going on 7 years now and within that time I have been with about 20 other women and have had 2 other serious relationships, one that lasted 3 years and one that was just over a year and 2 months.

I was never caught, very close a few times, but shes also the kind of girl who talks herself out of the truth untill she sees it with her own eyes and i was able to play into that perfectly.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:16 PM

I have never cheated on a gf. I was scarred after watching "Indecent Proposal" and "Unfaithful".