Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: University of Texas named biggest party school

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how you can say canadian schools party harder, I've been to almost all of them, and if tuition in the US wasn't like 10x more I'd surely be there. It's not even close. If you think UWO is impressive it's because you haven't been to any of the big US schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

all I know is my sister went to Tennessee for a year on exchange which is considered a party school in the US. She had to make friends with all of the foreign exchange students only, cause every American had to go to church every Sunday and attend bible class throughout the week. She said that the American viewpoint on partying was so incredibly weak, and every American was such a gigantic nerd that studied so hard, while all the foreign exchange students did no work and partied the whole year because the classes were so easy and got high 90s. (My sister isn't even smart, high 70s @ Brock- ya walk and talk go to Brock= high 90s @ UTennessee)

[/ QUOTE ]
Your sister gets an F in picking schools at which to study abroad.

[/ QUOTE ]

She picked a school in the [censored] bible belt, of course there are bunch of church junkies. Basing your opinion of American schools on your sisters trip to Tenn. is ridiculous.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:31 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cause every American had to go to church every Sunday and attend bible class throughout the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? I haven't even seen a church in three years, let alone been in one.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been in a church for non sightseeing reasons exactly 1 time. it was when my grandma made me get baptized. ever since then, i would die spending a second there.

rj
Old 08-22-2006, 08:06 AM

UMaine.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:54 PM

I get sadder and sadder everytime I read one of these stories and UMass isn't mentioned. Guess i missed out on the good times.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no school in the US is a party school, come to Canada and 90% of the schools party way harder. Actually, go to Europe or Australia and see how they do it. Texas is a bible school.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also claimed that Canadian schools were on par with the Ivies, and that you had a just as good, if not better, university system than the US. Your retarted.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:22 PM

I have been living up to the article the past week...
Old 08-22-2006, 03:51 PM

Hey man,

Don't get me wrong, I love Canada, born and raised there. In my opinion, it's a far better country in than the one I'm living in now. But the things you're saying about American schools are partying are waaaay off-base, trust me.

Quickfetus
Old 08-22-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no school in the US is a party school, come to Canada and 90% of the schools party way harder. Actually, go to Europe or Australia and see how they do it. Texas is a bible school.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also claimed that Canadian schools were on par with the Ivies, and that you had a just as good, if not better, university system than the US. Your retarted.

[/ QUOTE ]
make no mistake, there are many things about American colleges that are better than Canadian ones. I wish Canda had the amount of school spirit American universities do, I wish we could put 90,000 fans into a stadium for every football game. I wish we had the facilities that are common place at many American colleges. I wish we had as many universities per capita as the US does. All I am saying is that our universities are much better and tougher in terms of academics and we party much harder than Americans. (I would admit that Euros and Aussies party harder than we do).
Old 08-22-2006, 10:41 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
She had to make friends with all of the foreign exchange students only, cause every American had to go to church every Sunday and attend bible class throughout the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which she could tell by attending one university. And a Bible Belt one at that. (U-Texas is in Austin, a sort of left-wing island, in case you were going to retort with that.)
Old 08-27-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get sadder and sadder everytime I read one of these stories and UMass isn't mentioned. Guess i missed out on the good times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh you mean Zoomass