Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Pocket 8\'s poorly played?

*grunch*

I would tend to just call this preflop from UTG3 (which is where you sit, I assume). There is too much action still to happen behind you that you do not want to be reraised and stuff so I would only raise if everybody behind me was very tight and very likely to fold. Otherwise: call and wait for set. If no set, no bet.

On the flop: either fold when you think there is an A out there or raise if you do not think so. Don't flat call. The board is too coordinated and you give a lot of overcards a cheap opportunity to outdraw you.

If you raise and MP1 folds, bet the turn for a free SD when it is checked to you. then take the free SD or value bet, depending on the river card. Here I'd take the free SD if offered since the board is double paired and it's extremely nasty to run into a check/raise here and I dont think that people will call without at least an A which still beats you. Not to speak of the FHs...
Old 08-13-2006, 05:16 PM

Thanks all 4 the advice! I see that my play was definately not solid enough- flop should've been raised or folded, not called. I'd just read Mr. Eds crushing the micros, where he suggests to fold less often, but that shouldn't mean to play this passively.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:19 PM

You said UTG+2 was wierd aggressive? Then I think I'd raise the flop donk and hopefully knock the other two out. If he was passive enough that his range shrinks to mostly Ax I'd fold the flop. I'd bet that turn though, and probably check behind the river unless maybe your turn bet got it HU, then you might have a thin value bet.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:42 PM

This site is full of euro-fish who are just so bad. It's basically impossible to put them on a range pf like I would with most other players. Basically, they will limp with anythig from AA-Q4o-68s. They also do pf raises, seemingly randomly, from any position with any hand with a A in it. I started getting into the habit of calling down a lot if I catch a piece the flop or have much of a hand. I think it's a leak.